Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
    Led Lenser range is the bomb got the H14R.2
    Used to think the same but after 2 of the P6 (dual AA) having issues with the switch start playing up and not being able to get spares (or even a reply from Lenser!) I decided to try the 5.11 Been good so far and I at least can get a replacement end cap switch for it
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Originally posted by Phildo
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Originally posted by filbert
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

The Nitecores come with a spare tail switch and spare o rings, I'm sure they're not the only ones to come with spares these days.
      Originally posted by Commander Keen
      "IF YOU DONT LOVE ROSSI YOU'RE A TERRORIST!!!!1!!1!one"

Comment

My enthusiasm for a torch is inverse to it's size.

Nitecore TIP. 500mAh Lion USB rechargeable, multi-mode, key-chain torch... max at 320 lumens!?

Hmmm, makes my hand look big

edit: Of course the 1 lumen for 46 hours mode is arguably more useful day to day
        Last edited by Skut; 19-01-2017, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skut View Post

Nitecore TIP. 500mAh Lion USB rechargeable, multi-mode, key-chain torch... max at 320 lumens!?

edit: Of course the 1 lumen for 46 hours mode is arguably more useful day to day
          I actually just grabbed one of these as well... was going to post it up but you beat me to it!!! I grabbed one to sit in the car glove box and can be charged via USB.

The other purchase was this monster:

http://www.banggood.com/Convoy-L6-XH...l?rmmds=search

I got it on special for $64.. man this thing is bright!!!

Comment

Nitecore TIP.
            Cool. Might have to get one for the car.
            $50 on catchoftheday ATM.

Both of my P7s have been destroyed through battery leakage.
            Not going to replace them - as good as they were.

I have an H14.2 that is my goto headlamp for camping etc...

Comment

I've got a mini Led Lenser F5. It's bright... but I also have a HID torch that's as big as my arm... its a damn spotlight! You could cook an egg on the lens after about 1 minute of use too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Update:

I rocked that little puppy doing a midnight shoot up at the Pinnacles. I had a high output torch for light-painting duties but needed something with lower outputs simply for getting around in the dark without killing my night-vision. The flat form-factor and light weight makes it comfortable to hold in your mouth for hands-free use.

Has a battery indicator (internal led flashes) - and after a full night's use and a few days of messing about testing etc it still is above 50% charge. Only issue is that it can turn on in your pocket unless you use the lockout function, so perhaps flusher buttons would have been better.

Comment

I was reading up on this and the lock out, instant hi and low functions make it real user friendly too. I' considering gifting my little BT-01 and buying one of these.
                  Originally posted by Commander Keen
                  "IF YOU DONT LOVE ROSSI YOU'RE A TERRORIST!!!!1!!1!one"

Comment

The TIP is a good little addition. Like it.

Comment

Just another shout out for the TIP.
                      Been using them a fair bit lately, around the house, at work, 4WDing...

I've got four now.
                      They're in bags and cars all over the place.

Awesome punch for such a small torch, and I almost can't remember the last time I charged any of them.

The new ones by default have a 30 second auto-off setting, just in case you turn it on by accident.
                      It can be over-ridden by pressing and holding both buttons (light will flash twice).
                      Also has a 'clip' now that you can use to attach it to a hat visor or chain... or extend to hold it between your teeth if that's your thing.

Comment

Been using 5.11 torches for a while now at work and around the house/shed and find them great

I have an XBT-A2 and a TMT-A2 I use for work, an XBT-A2 in the house and a TMT-PL Penlight in the car for emergencies
                        I like the fact the A2 just take 2 x AA batteries which are easy to source (and free from work if I can find them) and the PL just takes a AAA No need for fancy/expensive/hard to obtain batteries
                        #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                        Originally posted by Phildo
                        Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                        Originally posted by filbert
                        i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                        Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

i got a few of those cree t6, only cheap like $20 each but seem to do the job

Comment

Working...
                          X