4 Corners - Internet Filter and Euthanasia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Corners - Internet Filter and Euthanasia

Just watching the 4-Corners episode on PS3's iView (Its very nice btw) and it got me thinking what PSB's thoughts are on Euthanasia. The story covers the grounds of the ridiculous Internet Filter the government is wanting to introduce and how it actually prevents people accessing information regarding euthanasia. The interesting viewpoint comes from the people trying to research into euthanasia, the elderly, whom are livid about having the government tell them what they can and can't learn.

So, i put this poll to PSB to see where we are at in terms of this controversial issue.

Personally I support euthanasia, i support the freedom of sane, informed and right minded adults to make informed choices about their lives and not to be told when and where they can go and what they can do, they are adults.

Comments?
    I fully support the right of adults to choose how and when to die
    86.21%
    I am undecided as to whether I support euthanasia
    13.79%
    I am totally against euthanasia
    0.00%

I fully support euthanasia.

I don't support adults that commit suicide that are not terminally ill.

Comment

i worked with someone whose 80y/o father shot himself in the head, he went with his full faculties by choice after living a long and full life

its my understanding he had stomach cancer which im told is not a very nice way to go. i dont see why anyone would have a problem with what the man decided to do, his family didnt.
      Originally posted by Bendito
      If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

I fully support euthanasia. No one has the right to tell you that are not allowed to end your own suffering at a time a place of your own choosing. For me it's a very simple argument, if you are terminally ill and suffering, it is nobodies business but your own as to whether you choose to end that suffering.
        I know this is an emotive topic for many people, but would you rather watch a loved one suffer needlessly to a wretched and drawn out end? We would all not hesitate for long before relieving the suffering of the family pet if they were terminally ill and in pain, so why force a person to go through it?

Comment

^^^ Good point - its' incredible the humanity we treat our animals with yet won't extend this to our loved peeps

Agree...only concern would be the regulation of such i.e. ensuring that peeps are indeed of sound mind when making this decision. An age old arguement

Need pole re Gubbinments' latest numptyness in the name of 'safety'...

Comment

Originally posted by Maxo View Post

THIS.

The only concern I have with Euthanisia is insurance.... Why should insurance refuse to pay out on someone who has chosen to end a life of suffering, versus waiting til the illness has killed them? All it does is move the payment forward.
            Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
            One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
            . .

Comment

Peoples choices should be their own. The 'of sound mind' at the time of the decision is the difficult thing to measure.
              Some people however view euthanasia as suicide. I don't really have a problem with either. It is not ones choice to come in to the world, it can however be ones choice to leave it.

Comment

The problem with this debate (not the PSB one, the public one) is that the 'pro-lifers' have successfully crossed the two topics.

One is "Can I, being of sound mind but failing body, make the choice to end it gracefully" and the other is "I'm in a vegetative state, or at least unable to have my free will heard so my enduring power of attorney can make their mind up for me"

Given they successfully mix the two and you see why some people shy away.

D'Art

Comment

Originally posted by Maxo View Post

+1
                  ...any day above ground is a good day! listen to freddie

Comment

I'm all for it for those that are terminally ill or permenantly incapacitated to the point they'll have no quality of life. It's a far better way to go than wasting away to nothing in pain without the ability to eat, drink or speak and simply waiting for it all to end. I also beleive that the decision should lie solely with the individual in question. Perhaps it would form part of a living will such that in the event of the individuals incapacitation, a decision has already been made.

As others have said, we allow our animals to die humanely in circumstances where prolonging their life serves to do nothing more than prolong their suffering. It's nothing short of selfish and misguided to suggest we shouldn't be able to do the same as humans.
                    In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
                    Its the little things that make the difference
                    Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
                    If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

I don't quite get how they can call themselves Pro-lifers.... because what they are endorsing is not pro-life. It's is extended tragedy and suffering.
                      Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
                      One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
                      . .

Comment

I hope the laws change when I am of an age or possibly suffering from an illness, as I believe I have the right to make that choice.

On a personal note My father passed away from a terrible illness, it took NINE DAYS for him, thats Nine fucking days from when my mum made a decision, I along with my family had to endure up until the time the morphine driver took over, my dad would have hated this. - sorry still hurts sometimes.

Comment

I am a fence sitter with euthanasia, I certainly don't want to inhibit someone else's right to do it, but personally against it. To repeat, I belive euthanasia should be a right. Maybe if I'm ever in the condition to possibly need it, my way of thinking might change.

The internet filter is just fuckin stupid.

Comment

I believe it should be a right - if someone truly wants to end their life, there are many accessible ways, but all/most are either painful, messy, or traumatising for those left to find the result.

My folks are members of Exit International, and I've got no problem with it.

That said, there's something that doesn't sit right with signing for a 4.5kg bottle of helium, posted from Spain, in my Mum's name.
                            Originally posted by Dragunov-21
                            If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

Originally posted by polony View Post
                              I am a fence sitter with euthanasia, I certainly don't want to inhibit someone else's right to do it, but personally against it. To repeat, I belive euthanasia should be a right. Maybe if I'm ever in the condition to possibly need it, my way of thinking might change.

The internet filter is just fuckin stupid.

Agree 100%.........

Comment

Working...
                              X