Attachment file types?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachment file types?

I tried to attach a google earth place marker/link thingy and it was rejected as a wrong file type. Can I suggest that this file type is added to the allowable attachment type list?

Originally posted by Rod@Sep 29 2005, 07:32 PM
    I tried to attach a google earth place marker/link thingy and it was rejected as a wrong file type.* Can I suggest that this file type is added to the allowable attachment type list?
    [snapback]165791[/snapback]
    Hmmm, I'll consider it. What is the file extention ".what?"

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Deej the file extension is .kmz

Comment

The .KMZ file is a standard .ZIP file that can be opened with any unzipping utility.

Oggy
        "Sometimes I do stupid stuff, and I don't even know why...
        it's as if my body was being controlled by some sadistic, immoral puppet-master."

Comment

I guess I am more concerned about security of someone downloading from the forum thinking it is a google earth file but it is actually a virus zipped.

Is this a correct assumption? or is a KMZ only google earth and cant be spoofed to be some other executable?

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

I looked on filext.com and it's only associated with google earth. It is a compressed file and is associated with google earth only on my computer. Inside, it contains xml such as:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
            <kml xmlns="http://earth.google.com/kml/2.0">
            <Placemark>
            <name>Keilor Park drive</name>
            <LookAt>
            <longitude>144.8588360036309</longitude>
            <latitude>-37.73861286550338</latitude>
            <range>2586.994325592178</range>
            <tilt>2.500804896080359e-011</tilt>
            <heading>-20.62590157446634</heading>
            </LookAt>
            <styleUrl>root://styleMaps#default+nicon=0x307+hicon=0x317</styleUrl>
            <Point>
            <coordinates>144.8535719023419,-37.73982047327576,0</coordinates>
            </Point>
            </Placemark>
            </kml>

Comment

Moved into Geeks Corner to see if anyone has any security comments on this b4 i allow.

Comment

Originally posted by Deej@Oct 2 2005, 01:17 AM
                Moved into Geeks Corner to see if anyone has any security comments on this b4 i allow.
                [snapback]166812[/snapback]
                Ya should be right dude

The KMZ file extension is an adaptation of the Keyhole software That runs the Google Earth program
                you will have no probs with it dude.

"Sometimes I do stupid stuff, and I don't even know why...
                it's as if my body was being controlled by some sadistic, immoral puppet-master."

Comment

Working...
                X