F.E.A.R

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F.E.A.R

Just received and loaded last night. So far i recommend do not play while tried with the lights out when your alone. Definately one freaky gaming masterpeice. CS crossed with doom. Not sure yet if Multiplayer will be as good without the supernatural theme the game would be nothin.

It's f*cking awesome, it gets creepier though wont spoil it. Nearly finished the game.

Have to run it on low though on a Geforce FX5600 256mb.
    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Im loving it, fantastic graphics, good game play but to me its still missing the story line of games like Half life, Half life 2 but over all a solid game.
      sigpic

Comment

Got, played it, beat it......................FUCKING AWESOME

Dare Yah to play it late at night with the lights out

Comment

i played the demo and that was pretty freaky. i liked the bit where you turn around to go down the ladder and the girl is right there.

a friend is lending me his copy and it will allegedly be finished downloading in a couple of days... from his computer...
          Originally posted by Friedrich Hayek
          "The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

Comment

FEAR is without doubt THE scariest game i've ever played. So much borrowed from the Ring.

The directors edition has some pretty cool videos on it as well to flesh out the story line. Shows an 'interogation' of Alma where she goes postal on the doctor interogating her.
            Way way way cool

yeah yeah...and i beat it... with the lights off... (mostly)...
            I like to box. How I like to box.
            So, every day, I box a Gox.
            In yellow socks I box my Gox.
            I box in yellow Gox box socks.

Comment

Originally posted by big_harold@Nov 22 2005, 10:31 PM
              yeah yeah...and i beat it... with the lights off... (mostly)...
              [snapback]192191[/snapback]
              I wouldnt admit that in public .. your a brave man.

I was gonna buy it the other day, but I wasnt sure it was worth it esp as Im still playing WOW..

Might have to go get me a copy now.
              Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Originally posted by big_harold@Nov 22 2005, 10:31 PM
                FEAR is without doubt THE scariest game i've ever played. So much borrowed from the Ring.
                SHEVEN DAYSH

Haha I sometimes answer my phone like that, or when I visit my friends that have those security speakers on the gates where they need to buzz you in I just say it in a shaky voice, that was a damn cool movie!!
                The kneebone's connected to the something, the something's connected to the red thing, the red thing's connected to my WRIST WATCH

Comment

The game seems pretty reasonable however it is quite predictable. The slow motion is a bit of a novelty and so far I have hardly used it. The proximity grenades are certainly fun to play with though. I think visually this has added something extra to the FPS shooters that have been bought out previously. I especially like the shockwave effect used with the grenades.

Comment

Speaking of, If anyone sees a copy of System Shock2 (should be cheap - it's an old game), pick it up. It needs a patch to run on XP, and there's a mod out called "System Shock Rebirth" which updates the graphics.

Awesome game, though, also has some freakout moments.
                    Originally posted by http://www.textsfromlastnight.com
                    (626): I'm trying this new thing, it's called standards

Comment

Originally posted by reddog@Nov 23 2005, 08:41 AM
                      The game seems pretty reasonable however it is quite predictable. The slow motion is a bit of a novelty and so far I have hardly used it. The proximity grenades are certainly fun to play with though. I think visually this has added something extra to the FPS shooters that have been bought out previously. I especially like the shockwave effect used with the grenades.
                      [snapback]192312[/snapback]

Heard of Max Payne ? - i think this was the first for slow mo - matrix style.

WOW is a bad addicition. I refuse to play it. I think soon I will have to gather family and friends and have an intervention for my good buddy who has been lost to WOW. To his credit he has been free of WOW for almost 3 days now (so he tells me).
                      big_harold

haha - yes i did beat it and then i beat it
                      I like to box. How I like to box.
                      So, every day, I box a Gox.
                      In yellow socks I box my Gox.
                      I box in yellow Gox box socks.

Comment

Originally posted by big_harold@Nov 23 2005, 09:59 AM
                        Heard of Max Payne ? - i think this was the first for slow mo - matrix style.

WOW is a bad addicition. I refuse to play it. I think soon I will have to gather family and friends and have an intervention for my good buddy who has been lost to WOW. To his credit he has been free of WOW for almost 3 days now (so he tells me).
                        big_harold

haha - yes i did beat it and then i beat it
                        [snapback]192348[/snapback]
                        I never got into WOW. To be honest i only played the demo but i was more involved with BF at the time. Now it is BF2 im addicted to. Its probably to late to start WOW anyway.

Comment

Max Payne was awesome so was Max payne 2, great storyline and can't wait till Max Payne 3 if it ever comes out. I also never got into WOW.

Instead of download the games and probably getting fined you could always rent the PC Games.
                          "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

I've got it, but havent played yet, as im still playing Quake 4, which ROCKS.

The storyline is good, the teamplay with AI squads is wicked, and it really takes the doom engine and makes a good game out of it (Which doom3 WASNT).

Similar thing, you dont want the lights off at some points in Q4!
                            Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD's, you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences!

Comment

Its never too late to start WOW ....

Hi my names Hewie .. and Im a WOW addict ..

The game only really starts to get good about level 30 ..
                              Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Working...
                              X