Chia.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chia.

Yes I tried my best in finding anything Chia wise that may have been posted before. Maybe this is a repost, maybe this isn't. You tell me.

So for those that buy Chia how have you incorporated it into your diet? and how did you first come about hearing of the "super-food phenomenon"?
    Last edited by Jasmineee; 27-03-2011, 10:30 PM.
    BREAKING NEWS!!! The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of Suck It Up & Move On, and crashed into We All Have Problems, before coming to a complete stop at Get Over It. Any complaints about how I operate, can be forwarded to 1-800-waa-wah with Dr. Sniffle reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin!!!

I wonder what this is?

I have it, I just try and drink it every now and then.

I have never had any noticeable effect from it.

Have you read Born to run?
    My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Born to Run by Christopher McDougall? No.

As my understanding stands, mixing it with water will form a thick gel unless you're blending it into your drinks?
      BREAKING NEWS!!! The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of Suck It Up & Move On, and crashed into We All Have Problems, before coming to a complete stop at Get Over It. Any complaints about how I operate, can be forwarded to 1-800-waa-wah with Dr. Sniffle reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin!!!

I wonder what this is?

Comment

I put it on my cereal for breaky.

Originally posted by Jasmineee View Post
        Yes I tried my best in finding anything Chia wise that may have been posted before. Maybe this is a repost, maybe this isn't. You tell me.

So for those that buy Chia how have you incorporated it into your diet?

Comment

I have it in my yoghurts in the morning, but I dont feel any effects from this "super food", maybe its just marketing

Comment

For the less informed of us, can you please explain what is it,a dn what it's supposed to do for you?
            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
              For the less informed of us, can you please explain what is it,a dn what it's supposed to do for you?
              The Chia Co - What is Chia?

What is Chia?

Chia is Nature's Complete Superfood.
              Chia is the highest plant based source of Omega 3, dietary fibre and protein.
              Chia is a great tasting seed that is easy to include in the daily diet for improved health.
              Chia seeds were first used as food as early as 3500 BC and were one of the main dietary components of the Aztecs and the Mayans.

Comment

As according to the website Sid has mentioned earlier it states that Chia is one of nature’s highest plant based sources of complete protein as it contains all components of the grain. It has been said that it helps aid the body in getting rid of cholesterol and assists with regular bowel movement - both these important for people who are overweight. Helps lower the risk of being overweight as it suppresses your appetite and you are less likely to snack - on unhealthy food anyway. But yes it gels up when added to any liquid substance and keeps you fuller for longer or until your next meal.

I have only ever added it to scrambled eggs for breakfast or salads so far.

I wonder what this is?

Comment

Originally posted by Jasmineee View Post
                  Born to Run by Christopher McDougall? No.

As my understanding stands, mixing it with water will form a thick gel unless you're blending it into your drinks?

Oh you simply must read it, if you are trying to get fit it will change your whole outlook on exercise. I can lend lend it too you if need be.

Also have you tried Spirinella?

Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
                  Let me Google that for you-Chia.
                  My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

If you guys are after Spirulina, you can get some from this chap.

Australian Spirulina, a rich nutrient and complete food source for healthy living

They send free samples out on request.

Best way to eat this is cold pressed tablet form. Powder form can taste like you're licking the insides of a fish tank.

Comment

I think powdered is fine is has very little taste. very easy to drink straight.

Comment

So the novelty of the Chia pet has fallen and someone who stocked up on them needs another outlet?

Marketing round 2 here we come?

Comment

Also Jasmine I just drink the chia straight with a tiny bit of crodial, it does go down just like jelly. Not the best way but I just find it easiest to get it over and done with.

Comment

I have not tried Spirinella.

A tablespoon of Chia:250mls of liquid seems very little. According to the website however it doesn't deter away from the original taste of food or liquid that you may be adding it to. So yes Chia jelly
                            Last edited by Jasmineee; 27-03-2011, 10:29 PM.

I wonder what this is?

Comment

i have it with protein shakes sometimes..

or otherwise on my cereal..

Comment

Working...
                              X