Firefox 4 released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 4 released

don't mind the screen layout and appears to be faster...

Firefox web browser

It doesn't work with some sites, though, and keeps giving me obscure error messages.
    "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

I havent had a problem with it yet, definately loads up addons quicker on startup, really dig the toolbar layout, and it looks preeewwdddyyyy.

Seems to browse/render a little bit quicker than before.

Comment

I dont like it at all, of I wanted Chrome I would have got Chrome, the refresh button is hard to find, as is the home page, and why would I want my Tabs above everything else it just means I have to travel further.

Im changing back unless there is a way to make it appear like the old version.
        My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

I think I like it. It does appear quicker. Once I found the Home Page and Refresh icons all is good. To move the tabs go to View > Toolbars and remove the tick from Tabs on Top

Comment

Yeah I have just done this and add the home page, refresh and downloads buttons to the top left side of the browser where I like them. Its not too bad now.

I still am having trouble with the open in new tab button being above the open in new window on right click as this was reversed before. but I will get used to that.
            My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Still very ram heavy?

Comment

Mixed feelings. Don't like the tab layout, but that could just be not liking something different. Don't care about refresh - that's what cmd+R is for. It's bombed a couple of times with a few tabs of youTube running but apart from that seems stable. Don't hate it enough to roll back yet.
                "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

imho firefox lost the plot about version 2.0 (i was a user between 0.2 back when it was called phoenix up to 3.something)

instability, memory leaks, lack of tab isolation (1 tab crash/lock up = byebye browser), still no group policy ADM templates, and now the crap with trying to ram webM down people's throats.

If you're looking for something better without the google big-brother shit, check out chromium (the open source version of chrome).

if they can get tab isolation support in Firefox and support the actual codecs i have available on my box rather than push a religious agenda, then maybe i'll be swayed back. until then....

(I have v4 installed on 3 machines. its "meh", even compared to IE9 - which is actually pretty good. oh how the mighty have fallen).
                  “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

On my old browser if I typed something in the address bar such as Perthstreetbikes, then I would automatically go to that page. If I do it now it goes to a google search page and then I have to click the result I want.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Comment

I like opera

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
                      Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

Plus one for opera.

Comment

it's driving me nuts! When you right click on a link, the box used to come up and "open in a new tab" used to be the second line down. But now it's on top so I keep opening things in a new window!! *rages some more before finally getting used to the new setting* haha
                          Ride Smart. Like everyone's out to get you.

Originally posted by Ryven
                          PSB: Where the women are lesbian attention whores, the men are insecure about their own sexuality, and anyone who had any real sense gave up and left.
                          http://www.dogshome.org.au/dogs-for-adoption/ - beautiful dogs looking for their Forever Home

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                            imho firefox lost the plot about version 2.0 (i was a user between 0.2 back when it was called phoenix up to 3.something)

instability, memory leaks, lack of tab isolation (1 tab crash/lock up = byebye browser), still no group policy ADM templates, and now the crap with trying to ram webM down people's throats.

If you're looking for something better without the google big-brother shit, check out chromium (the open source version of chrome).

if they can get tab isolation support in Firefox and support the actual codecs i have available on my box rather than push a religious agenda, then maybe i'll be swayed back. until then....

(I have v4 installed on 3 machines. its "meh", even compared to IE9 - which is actually pretty good. oh how the mighty have fallen).
                            Those things do not have anything near the power of the NoScript ad ons *hugs his Firefox* I like how FF4 looks more "Windows 7"'ish. This is a plus at home where I have Windows 7. Under Win XP at work it looks a little strange though... Sitting at around 600mb of ram used for 15 windows open... 8 of which are Youtube heh

Comment

True. But I can browse the web without that. Firefox seem to be tacking heaps of junk onto a browser without fixing the actual foundations first.

When the browser chews so much ram and doesnt even isolate tabs the ability to add even more third party junk on top just doesn't do much for me. Pretty sure noscript and the like are ported to chrome and safari now too.
                              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Working...
                              X