• Show
Clear All

• Best wireless broadband

Hi,
    Does anyone have one that doesnt suck?

If so, what ? how much etc ?

Cheers
    Rob
    If you keep trying to explain it with logic and facts you will possibly end up hurting your sanity.

Well Telstra advertise 8mbps on the elite but according to their own sales people you would be lucky to get 1.5mbps.
    So Vivid is the only way to go.
    Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

on this, can you have home wifi/broadband without a phone line that is not a dongle in your device (so to speak)?

If i want wifi to use with my ipad or for a future laptop and which companies offer this?

ta

Dubs

Comment

Fastest ive seen and unlimited plans with vividwireless

dubs could use a vividwireless wifi hotspot
        "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Originally posted by Dubs View Post
          on this, can you have home wifi/broadband without a phone line that is not a dongle in your device (so to speak)?

If i want wifi to use with my ipad or for a future laptop and which companies offer this?

ta

Dubs
          Yeah this is what Im getting at.
          So it looks like Vivid with shit recharge prices if you only want small amounts per month or Telstra with good recharge prices but nowhere near advertised speed ?
          If you keep trying to explain it with logic and facts you will possibly end up hurting your sanity.

Comment

Subscribed.

Dubs. you can use OS4.3 on the iphone to create a personal wireless hotspot

Or you can get these little things like this;

Pre-Paid Mobile Wi-Fi – Telstra

Comment

Telstra also told me they would have 100mbps by the end of the year. which is the usual for them. too little too late too expensive.
              Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Originally posted by Arwon View Post
                Well Telstra advertise 8mbps on the elite but according to their own sales people you would be lucky to get 1.5mbps.
                So Vivid is the only way to go.
                Its absolutely no different to ADSL2+ theoretical maximum of 24mbps but someone actually getting 8 or 12.

just like distance from the exchange affects ADSL, mobile network coverage in your area affects download speeds.

if you can get vivid in your area, it's probably the fastest. If you cant, chances are Telstra is the best option. Telstra has THE fastest mobile broadband network. The others arent even close.

Comment

Best bet is to try and borrow one, a friend of mine worked for vivid and apparently if your speed is lower than 1.5 you are entiltled to a refund, but if it's only 1.6 you are stuck with it. He finished up in January 2011 so hopefully the info is still current.

Comment

We run vivid wireless at work.

Runs 20 computers off it surprisingly well, with good individual download/upload speeds
                    Originally posted by polonY
                    Don't worry about shitting people off. Unless you ride a ninja 250 or a cbr250rrrrrr

Comment

We are using Telstra, only because that is all there is available in Australind. We don't have a landline, it's a Home Gateway modem, we have 2 computers on LAN and 3 phones, an iPad and 2 iPods on WiFi. The only time it is really slow is between about 7.30 and 9 at night.
                      How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg.

Abe Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                      X