New TV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TV

Has anyone heard of Konka? I came across a website called www.dealsdirect.com.au the other day and it seems AWESOME, I bought a coffee machine for 99 bucks down from 450 - http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/cart.php?m=p...ct_detail&p=884

They have a tv that is built by Konka http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/cart.php?m=p...t_detail&p=1074 Damn good saving and I have been looking for a bigger tv for a while so this might be the go just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with any Konka products and thoughts??
    The kneebone's connected to the something, the something's connected to the red thing, the red thing's connected to my WRIST WATCH

No havent heard of konka... did you really get the machine for $99 or is it monthly payments of $99. Does it work, the machine???
    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Well I have the receipt for the purchase for $99 including shipping - I am not in Perth at the moment, I bought it on the net from out here, when I get back to Perth I will tell you if its any good
      The kneebone's connected to the something, the something's connected to the red thing, the red thing's connected to my WRIST WATCH

Comment

I've had a konka TV for one of the boys, 52cm jobbie.

Cheap, has good options though, quick tuning setup, worked really well till a very small power surge blew up the tuner unit. (Looks like plugging in the RCA points from the DVD player while both were turned on did it in, as nothing else on the circuit was touched, and the unit itself still turns on, just no RCA working anymore, and no sound output).

So not bad, but you get what you pay for usually.
        Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD's, you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences!

Comment

they rhyme with tonka and thats about as good as it gets. total crap

(being in insurance, i seem to always be declining claims on Tv's lots of people try to blame their busted teles on lightning damage! which is easily disproved. however i have noticed that the Konka brand keeps popping up) apprarently they also emit a high pitched buzzing after a year or two and turning the sound up doesnt help.

save ur pennies and opt for a better quality cheaper brand.

Comment

these tellys are huge in Melbourne, but I haven't seen many in WA
            Cup o' tea?

Comment

dont know about konka (tho i've heard of konia) but I bought a 67cm flatscreen (not lcd) TCL tv from the good guys. cost around $450 iirc. TCL apparently are one of the worlds largest manufacturers of picture tubes for tv's and supply many other companies.
              bloody good tv. had it over a year and no problems. has all the inputs and outputs required
              check out "the good guys"
              No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

The only real problem with buying TV's like these hear is that knowone services them hear. Even though they have a warranty if and when they stuff up YOU will have to pay approx $400 in freight to another state to have it repaired. Name brands have dealers and service centres hear and wont cost you at all.

Comment

I bought a 68cm flatscreen (not lcd) TCL tv from the Kmart - Magnavox. cost $398. Havent had problems so far

If you want huge would projectors be good to look at, know the bulb goes after a while. Are they worth it???
                  "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Bout 2 years back me and the missus bought a conia 80cm from Rick Hart for $500 (got an overnight stay at the vines as well).

Was fine for 18months, then all of a sudden the screen has started to cut out (sound is fine, just no picture). Comes good after a while but shits me to tears every now and again when it does it.

To get it fixed I expect it is going to cost me more than to buy a new one.

Strathfield have a ROWA 80cm for $488 atm, seems ok, 3yr warranty, check it here

"At the start of the season, you can’t win the championship in the first round, but you can lose it.” - Travis Pastrana

"If your mind can conceive it then
                    your hands can achieve it"- Nigel Petrie (Engineeredtoslide.com)

Comment

Projectors are good but you have to get a DLP one (so you dont lose the colours over time as with LCD) and the globes will cost you anywhere from 200-800 depending onthe model. You also need a tuner / stereo etc and a screen to give the best results. However there are some great ones out there with long life and cheap globes. (just have to do your research)

Comment

I got a 60ish magnavox from kmart for pisscheap
                        im happy with it for what it is
                        Now my guns are blazin' Bloodclot i can see 360

Comment

Rear projections are rubbish, it will piss you off after no more than 2 years.
                          Most tv's internals are made by the same few companys but to make them cheap they skimp on the rest of the product.

Comment

Originally posted by eXume@Dec 2 2005, 03:27 PM
                            Rear projections are rubbish, it will piss you off after no more than 2 years.
                            Most tv's internals are made by the same few companys but to make them cheap they skimp on the rest of the product.
                            [snapback]197311[/snapback]

I quite like the DLP rear projectors (ESPECIALLY the Samsung ones - amazing), but as infusion mentioned, bulbs are a pita.

Each tech has their own drawbacks, though:

CRT: small sizes, HEAVY, blurry if in rear projector
                            DLP: projector/rear proj only, bulbs
                            LCD: Colour fade, stuck pixels, in projectors - bulbs, Expensive in flat panels
                            Plasma: power hungry, HOT, burn-in, did I mention power hungry?
                            LCOS: Too early to tell (Liquid Crystal On Silicon)
                            OLED: Too early to tell (Organic Light Emitting Diode)

Did I leave any out?

So it's all a matter of what you can live with.
                            Originally posted by http://www.textsfromlastnight.com
                            (626): I'm trying this new thing, it's called standards

Comment

I Didnt go for the tonka in the end - I heard that megamart were having a closing down sale at the convention center so I got a 80cm Sony WEGA with a 5 year warranty for about 960

Comment

Working...
                              X