Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopping smoking

Any success stories people?
    Been puffing away for 40 odd years, time to stop but zero willpower, no major health issues as yet but I know I'm pushing my luck. Biggest problem is I enjoy it!

It's not going to work. Wait until you're ready.
    "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

The book written by Allan Carr is pretty good and may help.

2 years clear for me
      Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

how about finding the will power. how about showing some kind of ticker. you will quit . you must quit . or you will end up in hospital . or the morge .

Comment

When my kids were about five I decided I wanted to see them grow up and never smoked again.
          -

Comment

agree with Sventek. if you sat in my office and said what you said above, i'd say go away and come back when you want to quit. there a saying in AOD; "change happens when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change"
            at the moment, you're pain free!
            euphoric, ZRX1200R, XSR900, XR400

Comment

Originally posted by fredie View Post
              how about finding the will power. how about showing some kind of ticker. you will quit . you must quit . or you will end up in hospital . or the morge .
              I wouldn't say willpower, I would say resolve.

Comment

You can always come to one of my Motivational Interviewing lectures...
                "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Sventek View Post
                  You can always come to one of my Motivational Interviewing lectures...
                  How much do you pay?

Comment

Originally posted by darkfibre View Post
                    How much do you pay?
                    You cut me deep, df. Real deep...

Comment

You cut me deep, df. Real deep...
                      I can recommend someone that you can talk to about your trauma.

Comment

Originally posted by darkfibre View Post
                        I can recommend someone that you can talk to about your trauma.
                        Sounds good. Is their first name Victoria?

Comment

Sounds good. Is their first name Victoria?
                          Nope, just leading up to the punchline 'Physician heal thyself'

Comment

I know. I just thought I'd throw something in about Victoria Bitter..

Comment

Ooops, missed it (subconscious saw 'Victoria' and filled in 'Secret')

Comment

Working...
                              X