Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterproof camera's

Heya peoples,

Want to buy a waterproof/shockproof camera and was wondering what you can recommend?

Cheers,

BJ
    Originally posted by Rocket
    Hahah yeah, cos if there's one thing that scares the shit out of people, it's a bunch of 60kg computer geeks on GPX250's wobbling into a carpark.

I bought an Olympus uTough-6010 camera last year, survived rough 4 months in south america, water, mud, humidity etc.

Cannot say anything bad about the camera.
    Turn off the tap when you brush your teeth!!
    Turning the taps off when you brush your teeth, can save up to 5 liters a minute!

Comment

does it take AA batts? as I have a 8 year old camera from olympus and found it annoying having to take a seperate charger for the battery and XD card was a PITA as you could not just pull the card out and jam it in the lappy, guess the xd isn't too much of an issue the camera comes with good pc software.
      Originally posted by Rocket
      Hahah yeah, cos if there's one thing that scares the shit out of people, it's a bunch of 60kg computer geeks on GPX250's wobbling into a carpark.

Comment

i got an olympus from the same model lineup about 2 years ago for around $700 with xd memory card, 12megapixel, decent photo quality for point and shoot stuff and macro but no good for any kind of distance shots.

Battery is the same as one of my nokia phones, not terribly expensive and you can carry spares without taking up too much room they last about 150 photos with flash.
        Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

I bought my son an Olympus for his trip to Bali to go snorkelling, and he also likes to free dive. It's slow, but is the best of the bunch that he's tried so far.
          Last edited by Sventek; 02-04-2011, 01:15 PM.
          "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

I have the Olympus as well and i think they are great cameras. never had a problem and it was great backpacking through Europe.
            Win Free stuff on Thunderbird Racing's Facebook Page

Comment

I have a Panasonic Lumix that is absolutely brilliant.

Comment

Need some colour correction, but you get the idea.

Comment

Excellent.
                  "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

I had a quick play with it - I hope you don't mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Sventek View Post
                      I had a quick play with it - I hope you don't mind.
                      Of course not, thank you John!
                      I'm not so crash hot with the post production stuff I'm afraid.

Comment

If you want to send the original through, I'll do it properly and send it back to you.

Comment

Sweet!
                          Work email?

Comment

Originally posted by ozzypatrol View Post
                            does it take AA batts? as I have a 8 year old camera from olympus and found it annoying having to take a seperate charger for the battery and XD card was a PITA as you could not just pull the card out and jam it in the lappy, guess the xd isn't too much of an issue the camera comes with good pc software.
                            No, its got a Li-50B Li-Ion re-chargeable battery.
                            Turn off the tap when you brush your teeth!!
                            Turning the taps off when you brush your teeth, can save up to 5 liters a minute!

Comment

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
                              Sweet!
                              Work email?
                              Yep, that's fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X