business bookkeeping software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• business bookkeeping software

i want some bookkeeping software for a small business.

i want something to use for BAS statements etc, but not for full end of year returns.

have called the ATO for recommendations, but they wouldn't recommend any particular one (understandable) and referred me to a massive list of "approved" ones.

i'm basically tightening the belt a bit and have decided i'm too stingy to continue to pay an accountant or bookkeeper to do mindless data entry when i can buy a small thai boy to perform the same service.

so has anyone got any recommendations? things to look out for? one's to stay away from?

ta

edit - the extent of my knowledge on the topic that is I know of MYOB and Quicken.
    Last edited by shmoo; 04-04-2011, 12:49 PM.

I found that xero.com has been pretty good just for overall management, cost coding and tracking on a budget - it lets you do BAS statements and all that jazz as well.

Comment

i use MYOB. brilliant. easy for mindless data entry and as powerful as you can imagine.
      different versions for what you need. if no payroll or item stockhandling, then get the basic one.

Comment

Originally posted by Brougham View Post
        i use MYOB. brilliant. easy for mindless data entry and as powerful as you can imagine.
        different versions for what you need. if no payroll or item stockhandling, then get the basic one.
        This, provided the initial setup is good, no problems. Most accountants will be happy to set you up and show you how to use it. The benefit for the accountant is less time spent on data entry and a much quicker and cheaper end of year job for you.
        Originally posted by Rocky
        Unilateral thinking is unilateral.
        Originally posted by pauly_
        RayBan, boatshoe, short-short, skinny leg, shaved leg, check-shirt, breezer-drinking, pec-decking, cocktail-dress on a Monday, sandy vag, spray-tan, high maintenance mutha-fukkas.

Comment

I have several customers who use Cashflow Manager. I've never used it myself, but they seem to like it.
          '====
          //`
          -Magilla
          They observe my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and I perceive at my core that they have thus concluded that I am Caucasian, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred
          Eligible to shadow R & R-E NOW

Comment

I use Bizz Wizz made here in Perth (Balcatta)
            Bizz Wizz Accounting Software for small business Australia, Easier than MYOB and Quick books

Comment

Doing accounting now in Uni.. and have played with MYOB.. There's a spend money button... go figure.. Super easy.

Comment

depends what your business is,some could be specific for your industry?

i use flexi-quote for smash repairs,it does quotes adds images emails and calculates invoices gst tax payments wages super etلl and it can be exported to myob or quicken.

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

+1 for Cashflow Manager. Super easy.

Comment

I use Myob Business Basics, you can download a 90 day demo then if you purchase it you just enter the serail number and your demo is then a full version. (demo version is full version, just with a 90 day countdown). It dioes my BAS, and after June 30 I just do a backup and email the backup to the accountant and he does the end of the year return.

Comment

the more i read up on Cahsflow Manager, the more i like it.

thanks for all the tips guys, keep 'em coming.

Comment

Working...
                      X