ps3 or xbox 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ps3 or xbox 360

Looking at purchasing a console and currently undecided. Dont need Blu ray player so it comes down to gaming/graphics. I would use the online gaming mode. From what i have heard xbox is far superior in online gaming just it costs $50/yr

Thoughts and opinions Welcome
    The propeller is just a big fan in the front of the plane to keep the pilot cool. Want proof? Make it stop; then watch the pilot break out into a sweat

Six of one, half a dozen of the other. Online console gaming is a long string of teenagers calling each other faggots in between bouts of "Call Of Teabagging 7", so save the $50 a year and get the PS3.

You're also then only dealing with one SDK from a developers standpoint, so it's easier to generally make things prettier as every PS3 under the sun has a drive to install shit to.
    such comment
    wow
    many post

Comment

PS3 is better if you want to do multimedia activities on it.
      Games are pretty well the same, not many platform exclusives these days.
      XBL is probably better in features/service than PSN, but it costs money to listen to whining 12yo fags.

Comment

removed post
        Last edited by Twigs; 11-04-2011, 07:18 PM.

Comment

So that's essentially; I don't know the merits of either choice, so please enjoy this white noise.... ksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
          such comment
          wow
          many post

Comment

LOL'd

Wait about a month or two, consoles are about to drop in price, so ive heard.

Then get a ps3.

You say you don't want blu rays, but have you ever watched them?

Comment

I watch a lot of high-def content, but can count the BR discs I've spun up in my PS3 on a single finger.
              such comment
              wow
              many post

Comment

Never had a problem with online gaming on the ps3 and its free.
                :aus-salute: Yer thats ULTIMATE :aus-salute:

Originally Posted by lobes89 View Post
                Yea I like the bike but it's hard to get my foot under the brake lever

Comment

I'd rather stick a pencil in my eye than play a computer game but my teenage kids reckon PS3 shits on Xbox.
                  -

Comment

Get whichever has a controller you prefer. That's why I bought an xbox, because I like the controllers. There's really not that much in it.
                    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Originally posted by Semi View Post
                      Get whichever has a controller you prefer. That's why I bought an xbox, because I like the controllers. There's really not that much in it.
                      This.

The xbox controller is by far more comfortable to use, for me at least. Having both, the systems are much of a muchness.

Some games are console specific so that might be a factor too.

Also, in my experience xbox is easier to use as media centre, seems to play everything off the bat. Need to use tversity with ps3, which isn't really a drama but another thing to do.

Comment

removed post
                        Last edited by Twigs; 11-04-2011, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mckenzie View Post
                          Also, in my experience xbox is easier to use as media centre, seems to play everything off the bat. Need to use tversity with ps3, which isn't really a drama but another thing to do.
                          Not really the case. Anything with 5.1 Audio, e.g. DTS or DD, does not work on 360. Afaik only 2ch AAC works.
                          Neither likes mkv, but ps3mediaserver gets around this.
                          Also, PS3 upscales DVDs and other videos to 1080p if you're using HDMI. Xbox only upscales to 576p.

Comment

Originally posted by twigstarox View Post
                            No, I've heard...
                            I heard that my dads friend beat up an astronaut once.
                            such comment
                            wow
                            many post

Comment

removed post
                              Last edited by Twigs; 11-04-2011, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X