• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Games to look out for in 2011.

Games (IMO) to look out for this year:

---

22Apr11 - Portal 2 \m/.
    I haven't anticipated a game this much since CoD6. Portal 1 is the closest game I've played to perfection. It would get 100% from me and Portal 2 looks like it's going to deliver. AND ZOMG!! CO-OP!!! [Vid]

29Apr11 - F3ar.
    Or Fear 3. The only thing worth fearing is fear itself. Each level can be replayed with Fettel. So now it's a run and gun then a psych it up . [Vid]

01May11 - Brink.
    Just a very exciting looking game. Check it out if you're into RPGs or shooters.

06May11 - Duke Nukem Forever.
    Just lol. This is of course assuming it doesn't get delayed again. [Vid]

10Jun11 - Lucius.
    For those horror/adventure lovers. [Vid]

14Jun11 - Alice: Madness Returns.
    I only found out about this a few days ago and WOW!!! This is my (equal) third most anticipated game of 2011. I FUCKING LOVE Alice and I FUCKING LOVED American McGee's Alice. The fact this is coming out 11 years later excites me to no end. Just yay. [Vid]

29Jul11 - Beyond Good and Evil 2.
    If you know anything about the first game you'll understand. [Vid]

26Aug11 - Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
    My (other equal) third most anticipated game this year... though I'm a little apprehensive as it looks like it MAY end up suffering from a case of the "console-portitis". Let's hope not coz it looks amazing... JUST FUCKING AMAZING. [Vid]

09Sep11 - Fable III.
    I'll play it, but if Fable II is anything to go by nothing will compete with the enjoyment and simplicity of Fable I. Fable I is genuinely one of the most enjoyable games I've ever played. If you haven't yet, trust me. It's just so quirky and quaint while at the same time being very adult. Almost anyone can enjoy it. [Vid]

16Sep11 - Rage.
    Looks like Borderlands... hope it's better. [Vid]

30Sep11 - Max Payne 3.
    Max Payne and Max Payne 2. Another of my favourites. They play more like dark movies than games. This one has had quite a change of environment but it definitely looks like it's set to deliver. Shit it's been in development for long enough. [Vid]

21Oct11 - Batman: Arkham City.
    Arkham Asylum really took me by surprise. I did not expect to enjoy it as much as did, but it ended up being one of the best releases of 2009. Solidly looking forward to this. [Vids]

11Nov11 - TESV: Skyrim.
    11/11/11. This one should need no introduction. Just YAY! This is my most anticipated game of 2011 (even over CoD8 ). I'm not one for fantasy but Oblivion is one of those games that you can boot up whenever, it will always look amazing, something will always take your breath away and you can waste solid months playing it. It was a FAR greater use of the engine that Fallout then managed to turn boring (good, but boring). Just can not wait. [Vid]

11Nov11 - Battlefield 3.
    Not a fan of the series. And most know my stance on BC2 (although I've wasted many hours playing it) I truly think it's a shit game for dickheads. But still the engine in this game is truly looking like a feat of engineering. It looks b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l. Pity the gameplay will feel like driving a school bus in a Moto-GP. [Vid]

18Nov11 - Thi4f.
    Or Thief 4. Assuming this one sticks to it's roots it's sure to be one of the most enjoyable, yet solidly original FPSs to come out for a while. If graphics aren't a huge deciding factor for you try playing the original games. They're some of the only games Yahtzee from Zeropunctuation sings praise. Couldn't find any trailers so this is the old game. [Vid]

25Nov11 (unconfirmed) - Diablo III.
    Strictly not my type of game, but it does look good. I had a bit of fun with Diablo II and I know all my mates will be LANing this solidly for a while so I'll be happy to jump on the bandwagon. [Vid]

Q4 2011 - Mass Effect 3.
    In case you haven't guessed I like games that play more like movies (MGS, Max Payne). Mass Effect plays more like an episode of Battle Star Galactica. They're massive, they're epic, they're brilliantly scripted and this one is set to be better than the last two. Can't wait.

20Mar12 - Metal Gear Solid: Rising.
    Though not strictly coming out this year I'm a major MGS fan boy so having a MGS game actually released on PC is HUGE for me. This couldn't go unanticipated. [Vid] Cut, cut, cut what you will.

Apr11-Mar12 - Driver: San Francisco.
    One of the coolest games from the PSX. This one looks... okay. The whole out of body thing looks... interesting. [Vid]

03Jun11 - Not Red Faction Armageddon.
    Re: my last post on the matter.

That's all, let me know if there's any I'm missing and which ones you're looking forward to the most.
    -taboo_

Into Dark Souls 2? Listen to our podcast - The Dark Souls Two.

Fable III? Did you mean IV?
    I do not mean to pry, but you don't, by any chance, happen to have six fingers on your right hand?

Comment

Originally posted by taboo_ View Post
      Games (IMO) to look out for this year:

---

22Apr11 - Portal 2 \m/.
      I haven't anticipated a game this much since CoD6. Portal 1 is the closest game I've played to perfection. It would get 100% from me and Portal 2 looks like it's going to deliver. AND ZOMG!! CO-OP!!! [Vid]

06May11 - Duke Nukem Forever.
      Just lol. This is of course assuming it doesn't get delayed again. [Vid]

25Nov11 (unconfirmed) - Diablo III.
      Strictly not my type of game, but it does look good. I had a bit of fun with Diablo II and I know all my mates will be LANing this solidly for a while so I'll be happy to jump on the bandwagon. [Vid]

Q4 2011 - Mass Effect 3.
      In case you haven't guessed I like games that play more like movies (MGS, Max Payne). Mass Effect plays more like an episode of Battle Star Galactica. They're massive, they're epic, they're brilliantly scripted and this one is set to be better than the last two. Can't wait.
      Really looking forward to these! All going to be awesome... Bioware, Blizzard and Valve are the shit.

Comment

Vivendus, I'm a PC gamer. I mean Fable III. It's been out on consoles for a while but not PC. Fable IV hasn't been announced. I could be wrong but I think Fable III is their last *scratches head*.
        -taboo_

Comment

CFTQS

consoles for the questionable sexuality

Comment

TESV is my most anticipated, but ill take a look at anything horror... and you cant go wrong with the Duke.
            I do not mean to pry, but you don't, by any chance, happen to have six fingers on your right hand?

Comment

Really looking forward to Deus ex and Mass effect 3. Still have to buy Crisis 2 >.<

Comment

F3AR has been pushed back to late May now.

And Brink is looking more like mid May .
                -taboo_

Comment

looking forward to L.A. Noir, new rockstr offering looks good!
                  :awesome:

Comment

Played through the Steam demo for Bulletstorm a few times; looks like good hi-action fun.

Beyond Good & Evil 2 is far and away my most anticipated game though...
                    "No machine has a soul until a man shares his own with it."

Comment

Been eyeing portal off recently... Looks the shiz, worth getting your opinion people?
                      The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by 96 View Post
                        Been eyeing portal off recently... Looks the shiz, worth getting your opinion people?
                        Yes, just do it.

Get both and play through the first if possible. First can be knocked off in about 4 or 5 hours (but is brilliant) and the second can be finished in 6 or 7 hours if you're powering through, but they're some of the finest games I've played in years.

The second is bloody hilarious too.
                        such comment
                        wow
                        many post

Comment

With a sig like that how can I argue?

Was considering getting one first, learn the basics as two appears to be an extension, not just a new game.

Is the 'orange box' still available??? I believe that had portal

Comment

Yup, Orange Box is $20 on Steam. Bargain for the content.
                            such comment
                            wow
                            many post

Comment

Console player here.... 360

Comment

Working...
                              X