If you love your Logitech gear...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you love your Logitech gear...

I've been following Logitechshop online on Facebook recently.

They have some ridiculous prices (I just bought another Squeezebox boom for $160, RRP $400)
    z5500 speakers for $290

Check out their universal remote control prices!
    1100i $195!

These guys are worth checking out every now and then as prices go up and down (the Squeezebox is back up to $200 atm for example).

I grabbed a squeezebox touch last big sale, waiting for a G510 or G19 this time.

Comment

Ooooooooooo.
      2006 Yamaha R1SP;
      In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
      Amen, brother. Amen.
      My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

1100 is over rated. I had issues with mine. Lots of sticking on one push, i.e. one push of volume and it jammed and sent multiple signals. Also generally fucked, couldn't be overcome by setup. So downgraded to the harmony one. Better little unit.
        Originally posted by Abuse this
        Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

They're selling the Harmony One for $129.
          Even that's nearly $40 cheaper than PLE.

I really want the z906 speakers coming out soon but even these guys are selling them for $600

Comment

I got the One for less than $140 more than 6 months ago and love it. I still have an old 880 sitting in the theatre room, I might sell that off actually.
            Originally posted by Abuse this
            Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

so the 1100 isn't worth the extra $$$ over the One??? just looking at the 1100i, 900 and One to see which would work best.
              Percute et Percute Velociter
              Vini Vidi Squishi

Comment

The MX 510+ (Current version is the MX-518) series mice are by far the best mouse I have ever used. I'm on my second iteration of a set (over a good many years), I say a set because I buy 2. One for home, one for the office. The comfort of having the same feel and control both at home and in the office is something many people haven't experienced.

It amazes me how many people in the office (about 98%) just use the company mice. Crappy cheap non-ergonomic freebee's that come with keyboards, they then use this mice over the next x years and wonder why they develop sore wrists. For $50 buy your own and look after your hands, as I say, the comfort of having the same feeling when using a PC if it is at home or at the office is underestimated.
                :stupid:

Comment

^ I agree.

Comment

Pretty sure most big companies have policies against attaching non-company hardware.

Comment

Just call it an OSH issue (even better if you can find a 3rd person study). So many large companies throw ridiculous money at ergonmic desks and chairs I can't see why mice should be different.

Comment

Originally posted by NanoBear View Post
                        Pretty sure most big companies have policies against attaching non-company hardware.
                        Hmm, I've never had a problem (work in a top 100 ASX company..), then again I'm friends with the in-house I.T department. I asked them many years ago and they said all was good. The keyboards are all basic Logitech, with Logitech software already installed on the PC's.
                        Last edited by Wedge; 10-04-2011, 09:01 PM.

Comment

The last company I worked for was 100% dell hardware and had a downright draconian IT department. I was shuffled sideways from IT to admin because I think too much.

One company before that had it written in to the IT policy that the company could take possession of any hardware anyone connected to a company computer. (not sure how well that would stand up)

Comment

Originally posted by NanoBear View Post
                            The last company I worked for was 100% dell hardware and had a downright draconian IT department. I was shuffled sideways from IT to admin because I think too much.

One company before that had it written in to the IT policy that the company could take possession of any hardware anyone connected to a company computer. (not sure how well that would stand up)
                            Sorry to say mate, but that sounds like a crappy place to work, haha.

Comment

I agree whole heartedly. Really crappy IT setup. The IT department was supposed to show a profit by charging other departments. Kind of goes against the idea of supporting other departments. Also breeds big-headed IT personnel. I don't know if that's a bit of a universal thing, but in my experience it plain doesn't work.

Still waiting for a good deal on a good keyboard tonight

Comment

Working...
                              X