How do YOU dispose of used batteries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do YOU dispose of used batteries?

If batteries are known to contribute significantly to environmental hazards and pollution in landfills, why can't we have a blanket legislation for a small box in the recycling bin for battery recycling?

Anyway, I just do the selfish thing and chuck them in the recycling bin and hope there is some system in place that sorts it out for proper disposal.

What do YOU do?
    Toss them in my regular trash bin
    60.87%
    Goes in my recycling bin
    8.70%
    Collect a whole bunch and send it down to a proper e-waste recycling yard for processing
    4.35%
    Take them to work where we have a battery collection point and let them sort this shit out
    26.09%

Take them to any battery world, they used to recycle them for free. Pretty sure they still do.
    I used to have a nice sig offering to shadow ppl. Now I have no sig...

Comment

you can leave them by your bin (not sure if its your regular or recycle bin) in city of joondalup and they take them for free. I did this last month.

Comment

Woolies in town have a battery recycling bin at the front of the store, not sure they'd take to kindly to bike batteies being dropped in there though

Comment

take it to the local yacht club and leave it on their battery recycling pallet.

Comment

Bin.
            "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

some councils have collection points for dry cell batteries;
              not sure if this is updated regularly.

Towards Zero Waste WA - Recovery - Community - Household Battery Recycling Bins

Comment

i take batteries to Subi council office for recycling.

another big problem (that is getting HUGE now) is compact fluorescent lightglobes. Especially since the banning of regular oldschool globes. I guarantee 99% of people chuck these into their regular bins, which is a big no-no.

Comment

Originally posted by shmoo View Post
                  another big problem (that is getting HUGE now) is compact fluorescent lightglobes. Especially since the banning of regular oldschool globes. I guarantee 99% of people chuck these into their regular bins, which is a big no-no.
                  I only recently found out that you couldn't just toss theses. I've noticed some shopping centers have a deposit box type thing for your old ones.

Comment

Working...
                  X