Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal video recorders??

Hey guys,

I'm getting over the repeats of shows on foxtel and I've seen the advertisement on tv advertising the pvr my question Is what's a good brand that you've used/ seen I want it to have at least 2 tuner cards and allow for series link. My budget is around $500, I know I can walk into the good guys or wherever but the people you talk to are generally alittle biased hence why I've posted here for someones actual opinion.

Cheers guys
    RIP ADRIAN LEE
    16-12-1986 - 22-3-2007
    I had plenty of time to rub one out in space which was great but after awhile it was like living in a snowglobe - Peter Griffin

Strong SRT5495A or Beyonwiz DPiLite. OUt of the two, I'd go the strong. PM me for a price
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via
    For The Tenacious, No Road Is Impassable

Comment

Good place to buy PVR's online, IceTV, and you get free IceTV subscription, which allows you to set your PVR to record from anywhere on your smartphone.

IceTV

Comment

Originally posted by xsnoiz View Post
        Strong SRT5495A or Beyonwiz DPiLite. OUt of the two, I'd go the strong. PM me for a price
        pm sent
        RIP ADRIAN LEE
        16-12-1986 - 22-3-2007
        I had plenty of time to rub one out in space which was great but after awhile it was like living in a snowglobe - Peter Griffin

Comment

The latest Topfields have some user programable stuff to aid functionality with regard to guides and such. Otherwise, go for the Tivo...

Comment

Ashmo, you got PM
            Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via
            For The Tenacious, No Road Is Impassable

Comment

i have a topfield, its just ok

it is a twin tuner so i can record 2 channels and then watch the regular telly BUT it can record 4 channels at once if they are similar like 7, 72,9 and 99

Dubs

Comment

Do PVR's have the function like iQ for series link?

Comment

pm sent.

I dont normally recommend this person to anyone but he is good

Comment

Tivo
                    -

Comment

Fuck Tivo, sorry. The company that makes/mages them is looking likely to go bust - you'll end up with an unsupported box - which MAY be OK, but I don't like the act that it subscribes to that FreeTV stuff that can allow for ad-blocking avoidance and the like.

I have a Beyonwiz DP-P2 twin tuner, 500 GB HDD,HD tuner, with ethernet ads internet access. You can get IceTV, but I haven't bothered. Aso has a card reader of some sort, but never used it.

It can view almost any video file that I download onto my PC, and all the remote control funtions work too.

It's the ducks nuts - i'm VERY impressed with it
                      Dead Man's Hand
                      Internationational Porter Protection Group
                      Just call me Pat

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Pat View Post
                        I have a Beyonwiz DP-P2 twin tuner, 500 GB HDD,HD tuner, with ethernet ads internet access.

It's the ducks nuts - i'm VERY impressed with it
                        Now on Catch of the Day for $310 delivered to WA! just ordered one.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                          Now on Catch of the Day for $310 delivered to WA! just ordered one.
                          That's an excellent price, I paid over $500 for mine - though it was 18 months ago - and its now an older model....you've got a bargain there dude!

I'll make a suggestion though. In my experience, most DVB devices seem to run very hot, and the P2 is no exception. I have placed mine on small blocks (just some 19 mm pine) to get some airflow under the unit to encourage better convection through the device - it does dump some significant heat, and more cooling should aid in a longer life.....

Originally posted by Fat Pat View Post
                          Fuck Tivo, sorry. The company that makes/mages them is looking likely to go bust - you'll end up with an unsupported box - which MAY be OK, but I don't like the act that it subscribes to that FreeTV stuff that can allow for ad-blocking avoidance and the like.
                          It's actually called FreeView, and it has the potential to be very shitty - stay away from a FreeView compliant box if you can....
                          Dead Man's Hand
                          Just call me Pat

Comment

In the US Tivo is a verb. I bought mine a week before they were released in Australia (almost 3 years ago), just plugged it in and its worked ever since. The most important thing is that its wife-friendly especially when it comes to setting up Season Passes. Its probably almost paid for itself with video store overdue fees through movie downloads. Ok so that was a joke, because the selection of downloadable movies is pretty crap but when your'e pissed and can't drive to the shop its a good thing.
                            -

Comment

Originally posted by agrid View Post
                              The most important thing is that its wife-friendly.
                              Wise words .... young ones pay attention - the force is strong in this one....

Despite my reservations about Tivo's
                              Dead Man's Hand
                              Just call me Pat

Comment

Working...
                              X