Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help picking a telescope

Hey guys,

I've always had a fasination for what's out in the universe and would love to see more of it through a telescope but I don't know what to look for (as in size, lenses etc) . So I was hoping someone here has the same hobby that could help. I'm not sure on my budget I don't want to spend huge bucks straight up but don't want a budget one that can't see much past the moon...

Thanks
    RIP ADRIAN LEE
    16-12-1986 - 22-3-2007
    I had plenty of time to rub one out in space which was great but after awhile it was like living in a snowglobe - Peter Griffin

We bought one from Australian Geographic for our Son for Xmas. Works well, not going to see grains of moon dust but it does the trick. Under $200 I think.
    Originally posted by Red_is_Best
    hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Have a look here.
      telescope stuff

Also whatever you do don't get a equatorial mount there annoying to setup.

My mum has an 8" reflector that was about 8k a few years ago but has full computer setup and it can track stars and has auto-goto function. Can see the bands on Jupiter quite easily.
      Wes

Comment

Working...
      X