Duty Free camera places

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duty Free camera places

My parents are going overseas for the first time in a LONG time and my dad wants to get a new camera body duty free. Does anyone know where a good duty free shop is for cameras? specifically the pentax K-r (he already has heaps of lenses to fit before anyone say get a canon/nikon).

Also he is generally getting told just take 10% off the price for the duty free price, I always thought it was more 15%-20% since it would be duty+GST.

If you are after the Pentax K-r theres one on here for $719.99au with a 18-55mm lens Pentax K-r with 18-55mm DAL -DigitalRev

Sometimes you will find that the duty free places arn't always the cheapest way to do it, so you'll have to do your research aswell mate

Comment

I think we are going to be stuck with the DF places since they leave soon and the normal places like JB etc want you to purchase at least 28 days before leaving or something like that, oh an he only needs the body

Comment

Min of 28days before?
        It's a max of 28days before.
        Advice for travellers
        http://www.customs.gov.au/webdata/re...__english1.pdf
        sigpic

Comment

just buy a camera online or at JB/HN or similar and then take the receipt with you. Duty free shops are never cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by =Stevo= View Post
            just buy a camera online or at JB/HN or similar and then take the receipt with you. Duty free shops are never cheap.
            This, or online these days.

Comment

Working...
            X