Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• personal training mentor

Hey guys,
    I'm a PT in training and as part of my course I need to find a mentor who are:
    + currently working as a personal trainer
    + minimum of 12 months experience
    + maintain current registration with Fitness Australia as a Personal Trainer

Its for 40 hours in total for certs III and IV and you do get a bit or reimbursement from it. The Institute that i'm registered with is based over east and they only have one registered mentor and he's in the city which is too far for me to travel everyday. I know there're a few of psb members who are PTs so if one of you read this and is located south of the river (the closer to canning vale the better) and interested in being my mentor please pm me

cheers

pm atlas performance.

Comment

Im currently doing the same course mate, with Fitnation.
      My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

I looked at atlas performance and it looked like they only prescribe exercises? I'll get in contact with em anyway.

How far along are u on your course redfern? have you got a mentor that's willing to take on more students?

Comment

your complaining about a 25 minute trip into the city every morning? suck it up champ

Comment

Well now that you mention it like that...The mentor I've been assigned to starts at 6 and goes for 3 hours at the most. Plus I gotta pay for parking now that the city is marking tyres on bikes.
            I don't mind starting early but I would have to go to the city for more than a week and it also means I can't work cuz my part time work starts at 7.
            I want to look for other options first

Comment

Just get in touch with your local rec centre... we take students all the time.

yours would be http://www.canning.wa.gov.au/general...isureplex.html if you contact them and don't get a response PM me

Comment

Thanks Luke,will try and get in contact

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk

Comment

slightly OT

Which course are you guys doing, duration and how much does it cost?

Comment

I'm doing certs III and IV through Australian institute of personal trainers n it set me back about 3k. The duration is as short as u can go thru the materials but it needs to be done within a year

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine cost 2.5 and it is fitnation. Same as GGG it takes as long as it takes you to do it but they say the average is about 12 weeks.

Just try all your local gyms GGG, Im lucky enough to have a best mate who is a trainer, he is only doing it because Im his mate. Its much more beneficial to try and get your foot in the door by approaching the big gyms though.

Im basically up to the same part you are, have to go out and do some prac stuff.
                      Last edited by Professor Redfern; 09-05-2011, 12:17 PM.
                      My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Working...
                      X