Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Mount Dale accessible by car???

Hey guys,

I'm wanting to use the telescope before the rain comes and Ive heard Mount Dale is the place to go my question is has anyone been up there before? and is it accessible by car? or will i need to park and walk? Its a fairly bulky setup so i dont want to lug it for ages, I dont mind if its gravel aslong as i dont need a 4wd as i'll be using a getz.

heres a google maps link
    mount dale western australia - Google Maps

cheers guys
    RIP ADRIAN LEE
    16-12-1986 - 22-3-2007
    I had plenty of time to rub one out in space which was great but after awhile it was like living in a snowglobe - Peter Griffin

We used to go there all the time for parties and watch the sun rise .
    Yep, you can drive there.
    Havent been there for a couple of years though.
    I dont see any reason to put a gate there so should be OK still.
    Nice spot really.
    For a telliscope I would head inland a couple of hours myself.
    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
    (anarchy in english )

Comment

cheers mate The plan is to see how it goes tomorrow night and then if all goes well head out further into the country, is there anywhere you'd recommend out of perth?
      RIP ADRIAN LEE
      16-12-1986 - 22-3-2007
      I had plenty of time to rub one out in space which was great but after awhile it was like living in a snowglobe - Peter Griffin

Comment

East in the flat unpopulated wheet belt .
        Actully that shitty little town Hyden (wave rock) has a great track / road that goes almost flat plain across to Norsman.
        Fuck all everywhere. No compeeting light.
        All the nateral vegitation still intacked about shoulder height the majority.
        This is good as dust is keeped down in the atmosphere and greatly improves visability and the obvious is the tree height .

Its a faire wack out but a nice expiriance
        REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
        (anarchy in english )

Comment

Originally posted by shan View Post
          East in the flat unpopulated wheet belt .
          Actully that shitty little town Hyden (wave rock) has a great track / road that goes almost flat plain across to Norsman.
          Fuck all everywhere. No compeeting light.
          All the nateral vegitation still intacked about shoulder height the majority.
          This is good as dust is keeped down in the atmosphere and greatly improves visability and the obvious is the tree height .

Its a faire wack out but a nice expiriance
          Ahh yes i know hyden (went their the other month for work) it sure is a fair hike out but im sure it'll be worth it
          RIP ADRIAN LEE
          16-12-1986 - 22-3-2007

Comment

What telescope do you have ashmo?

Comment

Originally posted by mcmurray View Post
              What telescope do you have ashmo?
              just bought an el cheapo 127mm Star tracker Newtonian Reflector from DSE. So far its awesome had a close up of the moon which just looks awesome even found Saturn just before (mind you thought could probably do with a stronger eye piece for better magnification as it was alittle small ) I look forward to seeing Mars and Jupiter and hopefully other prominent stars. I thought id start with a cheap on just to see how i go and work my way up from there.
              Last edited by ashmo; 12-05-2011, 09:44 PM.
              RIP ADRIAN LEE
              16-12-1986 - 22-3-2007

Comment

I went to mt dale the other week, car would be more than fine. Pretty much all cars would be ok as long as you don't hammer it

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
                Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

You know about the "Four Planets" tomorrow morning, don't you? Venus, Jupiter, Mars, & Saturn are all in quasi-alignment tomorrow morning - and it looks quite spectacular when three were together this morning - best viewed between 0530 - 0545 (May 13th) tomorrow morning I gather....
                  Dead Man's Hand
                  Internationational Porter Protection Group
                  Just call me Pat

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Pat View Post
                    You know about the "Four Planets" tomorrow morning, don't you? Venus, Jupiter, Mars, & Saturn are all in quasi-alignment tomorrow morning - and it looks quite spectacular when three were together this morning - best viewed between 0530 - 0545 (May 13th) tomorrow morning I gather....
                    ohh hell yeh
                    RIP ADRIAN LEE
                    16-12-1986 - 22-3-2007

Comment

Working...
                    X