Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car Audio Installations: Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Audio Installations: Recommendations?

Anyone here able to recommend a good car audio installer? Need to have a head unit and roof mounted DVD player installed.

Have a quote from Alberts in Ossie Park but don't know how their work is. :mellow:

KENNARDS HIRE - Make Your Job EASY!

In what area are you? The work depends on the fitter doing it. What car is it going into, and what equipment is being fitted?
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via
    For The Tenacious, No Road Is Impassable

Comment

xsnoiz...I'm in Palmyra, car is a Honda Odyssey and it's all Alpine gear, do you have any recommendations?

Comment

Do it yourself by getting a harness for your loom that way you just pull the old one out plug in the new one and mount it.

Comment

I had Bluetooth phone kits put in Deb's and my taxi on Thursday by a guy called Korum Ellis. His number is 0402 590 260. I'll be getting him back ASAP for some other stuff. He also works at various Alberts stores.
          One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Give Gavin (owner) a call at his store Car Stereo City in Cannington 94587608, he also has a mobile service, also does a lot of work for mining companies, car yards fitting all kinds of electrical shit

Comment

Go and see Jason Mondello at FreeDB in Fremantle - tell him Shaun sent you, he'll look after you.

-edit- He's one of the few fitters in Perth I would trust with my vehicle, besides myself.

Comment

sxaudio.tv
                Michael does excellent work, did an install in my last car a few years back & came very highly recommended. Not sure where he operates from now though, used to be in Rivervale next to the Triumph motorcycle dealer.

Comment

Fragomeni does do good work. I'm pretty sure he works from home now.

Comment

Michael Macey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Originally posted by polonY
                    Don't worry about shitting people off. Unless you ride a ninja 250 or a cbr250rrrrrr

Comment

Shit, all these boys still floating about? I was in the industry nearly 20 years ago and most were about then! [except Korum]. All of these crew mentioned are good installers, Fragomeni and Mick have been around for centuries, and have done lotsa big comp instals along the way....
                      Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. Will do some calling around to the people mentioned.

Anyone have any reviews on Autotainment? They are next to the Trumpy store in Burswood opp the Rivervale.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Shadow View Post
                          Give Gavin (owner) a call at his store Car Stereo City in Cannington 94587608, he also has a mobile service, also does a lot of work for mining companies, car yards fitting all kinds of electrical shit
                          These guys did my van over 3 years ago with DVD deck, sub, rear camera etc. still all working fine in a very abused (ie work) vehicle. Good price too.

I got the Burswood guys to quote the job too as they were recomended to me but I didn't want the equipment they suggested and they seemed a bit too pricy.

Comment

ReCon, who's you used to work for? Michael Macey is a great custom fitter, cut his teeth with Jason Mondello's dad Mick (Ex Caples owner). Personally, Korum wouldn't get a look at my cars.

Brian Wallace at Autotainment is excellent as well, he's in the old Sounds Xplosive premises from memory - an absolute guru at interfacing into the VE Commodores

Comment

Got Autotainment to do my install and their customer service is absolute shocking! I am so pissed off I made the mistake of going there and parting with my cash.

DVD install is well short of expectations. Lame excuses and shortcuts. Could not even go over the work they had done, basically handed me the keys and closed the shop behind me before I could make it to the car. When I see the car I realise how shonky their finish is on the DVD install is! Had to get my wife to take the car back while I was away as they insisted there was only one day to fix the issueand they do another dodgy. They pulled out the child seat and could not even bother putting it back. They just hand the key to my wife and let her battle with the seat while trying to mind our daughter in the car park.

I would not recommend them to anyone!!

Comment

Working...
                              X