nerd needed again!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nerd needed again!

just scored an old celeron pc with no operating system on it, slap in the windaz disc and try to boot. but i get a message:"pxe-e05 lan adaptor's config is corrupt or has not been initialized. boot agent cannot continue."
    anyone know what i gotta do to make this sucker live and breathe?
    "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Originally posted by chief wiggum@Dec 9 2005, 11:29 PM
    just scored an old celeron pc with no operating system on it, slap in the windaz disc and try to boot. but i get a message:"pxe-e05 lan adaptor's config is corrupt or has not been initialized. boot agent cannot continue."
    anyone know what i gotta do to make this sucker live and breathe?
    [snapback]200532[/snapback]
    take the network card out of it and try again

Comment

if its onboard lan go into your bios and disable it and i assume your not using a brand specific windows, ie setup discs for a whole computer (like when you buy a computer package through places like harvey norman)
      Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

Change the boot priority, you will find that the computer is set to boot from the LAN card first, so it is checking the boot rom on the lan card for boot info.

Change it so the first boot device is the cdrom, then the hdd, then once windows is installed, change it back to the first boot device being the hdd.
        Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD's, you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences!

Comment

woodzzter, you da man!

chester and falcore, thanks, but already tried that one
          "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

ok, i give up. got it sorted started, stopped for some stupid reason known only to me but can't remember what, now that friggin lan message has come up again. lan card is disco'd, lan port turned off in bois. heeeeeelp!!!

Comment

the boot priority is all screwed up

dont boot from lan!

Comment

Originally posted by pkunk@Dec 11 2005, 12:36 AM
                the boot priority is all screwed up

dont boot from lan!
                [snapback]200849[/snapback]
                Try booting in safe mode and see if that works. If it does then it will be a driver issue.

Comment

it's not even giving me the opportunity to select safe mode. there's no operating system on it yet anyway, that's what i'm trying to do, load windaz

Comment

After you turn the computer on keep pressing Delete to go into the bios. Look in general setup for options like boot priority or first boot device.

Comment

Originally posted by chief wiggum@Dec 11 2005, 09:23 PM
                      it's not even giving me the opportunity to select safe mode. there's no operating system on it yet anyway, that's what i'm trying to do, load windaz
                      [snapback]201181[/snapback]
                      yes yes yes yes yes

ok

When you turn on the computer, you will see a message like "Hit delete to enter BIOS setup" or something similar (F2 perhaps ? )

Hit this key, this message will come up before windows even starts.

Now depending on what motherboard and bios you have, somewhere in the menus will be a place to change the "boot order", that is, the order in which the BIOS looks for devices to boot off. Usually you want to boot off the HDD (which will contain a copy of windows). If you want to boot off a CD (to reinstall windows perhaps) you will need to make the CD boot before the HDD. Now what it seems has happened here is that LAN is set to boot before the HDD or CD, which is why windows will not load. Also most likely CD and HDD are not set to boot at all, which is why when a LAN device is not found to boot off, everything just halts. You need to change the boot order to be something like CD then HDD then FLOPPY (or even ignore floppy all together). Your mobo manual will have more detailed instructions on how to do this. Failing that, post up which model mobo it is and i will figure it out for you

Comment

chief wiggum has already said that changing the boot sequence in the bios and removing the card hasnt worked.

What is strange though is that Typically PXE errors are when you try and boot from your NIC and the system finds no boot agent. Go into your CMOS and disable the "boot from LAN" option. I would also search through your BIOs for an option for wake on LAN and try to get rid of it.

The only thing i can think of is to reset the cmos chip (just pull the cmos battery for abou 30 min then put it back in) it will reset all bios fetures to default. or the Bios could need updating.

What windows version are your installing??
                        "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

mobo is ASIS TUSI-M. been thru the bios too many times, and any reference to LAN is disabled. might try the batt removal thang, see what happens.

Comment

If you have another NIC try installing this and then re-enabling the NIC in the BIOS but dont boot off it (obviously).

Removing the CMOS battery and shorting the necessary jumper should reset the CMOS, which may help, but try restoring the defaults in the BIOS (usually just an option in the main BIOS menu) first.

If none of the above work you may need to look at re-flashing/upgrading the BIOS on the motherboard.

"At the start of the season, you can’t win the championship in the first round, but you can lose it.” - Travis Pastrana

"If your mind can conceive it then
                            your hands can achieve it"- Nigel Petrie (Engineeredtoslide.com)

Comment

Originally posted by Halo_2@Dec 11 2005, 10:27 PM
                              chief wiggum has already said that changing the boot sequence in the bios and removing the card hasnt worked.

[snapback]201195[/snapback]
                              ah sorry totally missed that

tried returning the bios to factory defaults ?
                              either through a menu option or by whacking a few jumpers/DIP switches

Comment

Working...
                              X