adsl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adsl

ok time i upgrade to broad im pretty well over having dial up now i think although its cheap its dam slow and can never see the little videos that ppl post up

so any ideas of some good ones to go with please

Is Dead

http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/ Theres a choose your plan section. Use it.
    Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

as much as im against bigpond and optusnet... they work out bloody cheap if they also have your house phone line etc, hooked up the folks and my aunty on them, works out next to bothing a month and more than they would use... So it's definalty a easy upgrade just watch the download limits.

Comment

Originally posted by subdued@Dec 15 2005, 10:47 AM
        as much as im against bigpond and optusnet... they work out bloody cheap if they also have your house phone line etc, hooked up the folks and my aunty on them, works out next to bothing a month and more than they would use... So it's definalty a easy upgrade just watch the download limits.
        [snapback]202750[/snapback]

thats why i hate telstra to many limits i want no limits

Is Dead

Comment

TPG internet

Bought my lappy off them too.
          HONDA! F#@ YER!

Comment

Originally posted by subdued@Dec 15 2005, 10:47 AM
            bigpond and optusnet... ...works out next to nothing a month.
            [snapback]202750[/snapback]
            You get what you pay for ... with Bigpond "next to nothing" payment plans... you get:
            Next to nothing download limit.
            Next to nothing from the customer service department.
            Next to nothing in terms of any other reason to join.

Still find Westnet and iinet... are the two main rivals in terms of price and quality of service. (I'm with westnet and very happy)

and then maybe arachnet and TGP.... depending on your typical usage... ie high volume overnight P2P or high speed occasional web browsing.

as ferris said, the whirlppol forum is the place to look

Comment

TADA

Dubs

Comment

I was simply suggesting something that was an easy step up in terms of price, otherwise you cna go all out.

Perthinternet used to have unlimited data accounts but was brought out by amcom so unsure if they still supply them.

Personally i pay over a hunfred a month for my DSL but i find it well worth it...

Comment

I am with Amnet. 8mbit connection and 10gig d/l for $49.00/month.

www.amnet.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by Rod@Dec 15 2005, 12:21 PM
                    I am with Amnet.* 8mbit connection and 10gig d/l for $49.00/month.

www.amnet.com.au
                    [snapback]202794[/snapback]
                    was going to ask about them, im with arachnet, and amnet just bought them out, hows the service rod?

Comment

Westnet for shizzle (ok maybe Im a little bias though)

Come on support us PSB'ers who work there

Seriously though our track record for service and reliability is pretty damn good, we tend to look after our customer base really well.

Amnet would probably be my second choice if they have a DSLAM in your area and can take advantage of an 8Mb connection.

Originally posted by Ferris@Dec 15 2005, 10:33 AM
                      http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/* Theres a choose your plan section.* Use it.
                      [snapback]202745[/snapback]
                      Second that, if your hunting around for plans check that linky out.

"At the start of the season, you can’t win the championship in the first round, but you can lose it.” - Travis Pastrana

"If your mind can conceive it then
                      your hands can achieve it"- Nigel Petrie (Engineeredtoslide.com)

Comment

id highly recommend NOT switching to optus for the following reasons:

If you switch to an optus phone line, depending on your area, your voice line may be switched to a dedicated Optus line. Once on an optus hardware your choice of ADSL will be from the following company:

Optus

Currently no other isp i know of can wholesale from optus equipment. The solution of course is to churn your voice provider back to something other than optus (telstra/iprimus etc).

If you get grumpy at optus or find a better deal elsewhere, it will be a hassle to change providers (at least while noone is wholesaling off their equipment).

Comment

I'm with tpg, and could not fault thier service or product. costs me about $50 a month iirc for 10gb on and off, 1.5mb. only had 2 service outages in a year. have a problem, and when you call customer service you speak to someone almost straight away (in contrast to my old service with iinet, which was constantly down, and you sometimes had to wait 45 mins on hold to speak to someone)
                          sure I'd like to have more speed and a higher download limit, but the service would almost make me stay with tpg anyway....
                          No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Originally posted by mattis@Dec 15 2005, 03:32 PM
                            Seriously though our track record for service and reliability is pretty damn good, we tend to look after our customer base really well.
                            [snapback]202867[/snapback]
                            I can vouch for that

It's just the Telstra Tech's in the field that cause me most grief!
                            ...having dinner with KARMA tonight...

Comment

Working...
                            X