Quake 4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake 4

Score a copy a last week and have been giving it a right go, I havent really been into FPS's for ages, last one I had any fond memories of was Doom 2 and Shadow Warriors , this game tho kicks ass, resource intensive, but it goes well at 640 x 480 on Low graphics

Pretty decent story line for single player, and you get to hammer round in tanks and shit, think Halo / Halo 2

I found the game style/play alot like doom 3 (only without the annoying torch thing). This wouldnt mean much to you if you havent played it but maybe some other people can agree with me here.

And FWIW you need to invest in a better graphics card man! What have you got?!

Comment

It's got a delightful twist 1/2 way thru. If you aren't enamoured to it already, just persevere, I promise it gets better.

Just be aware tho, the funs in the playing. Don't play it just to see the ending, you'll be disappointed. Way too short.

(clocked it on 1 short of bullshit hard mode)
      Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris@Dec 21 2005, 11:48 AM
        It's got a delightful twist 1/2 way thru.* If you aren't enamoured to it already, just persevere, I promise it gets better.

Just be aware tho, the funs in the playing.* Don't play it just to see the ending, you'll be disappointed.* Way too short.

(clocked it on 1 short of bullshit hard mode)
        [snapback]205124[/snapback]
        does er the twist involve err 'a change in clothes' hint hint nudge nudge cause yeah that just happened

Comment

Yup. Cool interactive cutscene hey. You'll notice an increase in speed, health and armour too.
          Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

what specs wld u reccomend?
            i have a P4 3ghz
            1gb ram
            Radeon 9550 256mb

run ok u reckon?

Comment

get a better gfx card.
              Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Loving it, I just got me new 6800ultra and 22inch monitor so im ready to kick some ass.
                sigpic

Comment

Do yourselves a favour guys. Hit up the upset chaps quake 4 tweak guides for setups for your graphics cards. Makes a MASSIVE difference in frame rates if you use the tweaks.
                  Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

ive heard the sound effects in the game are excellent and i would almost buy it for this to hear it on my logitech z5500 can ppl back up this claim?

im sick of games while otherwise awesome, .45 calibre pistols go pop pop (call of duty)

Comment

Yeah, the audio is pretty intense. I'm using the Logitech z680s.
                      Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Booze, It would run fine on low res

I got...
                        2.4ghz P4 overclocked to 3.0ghz
                        1GB RAM
                        Geforce FX5600

And runs ok but eventually upgrade to something like what Hewie's building.

How awesome are the Logitech speakers got the original z640.
                        "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Working...
                        X