The gardening megathread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BusaSteve View Post
    Ryan have you seen and smelled Fion'a wish...named after Fiona Coote one of the first heart transplant patients...she had to have a second as the first failed. One of the best performers...also Double Delight. All bought at Dawsons...although both Sir Donald Bradman's died.
    Sure have, haha. I've lost a bit of blood to both of those roses, I had to prune them 4-5 times last year Fiona's wish has a stunning flower, but double delight is a bit clichè for me so it's not my fave. Even though I don't work at dawsons anymore, the quality of their roses is still unmatched. I'll take some before and after pics when it's winter pruning time
    Rest in Peace

Comment

• What's a simple practical and effective trellis system for a small plot with ......'Stringless Blue Lake' beans.. ????

They are prolific croppers...and have a weighty pod... I have them in a 40l pot only 3 plants.(so far...)...cheers..
      Last edited by GsxInShed; 08-07-2017, 12:47 PM.
      " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

• ^^

S.
        Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

• ^^I like it^^

white ants.... maybe a piece of reo... will do the trick...
          Last edited by GsxInShed; 08-07-2017, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• Make a pyramid of 3 canes shoved in the pot tied at the top, as high as you can get: 5 or 6 feet for climbing varieties.

Broad bean time for me. White sweet potato out, broad beans in.
            The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

• ^^^^^^I use this method for pot grown tomato's works a treat ....^^^^

I like to keep soil wet/moist and it rots the canes..... ;-(

I use old tshirt torn off strips.. to brace the vines...spiral wrapping the bearing sections is the go...had a small crop of early Toms' already, taste like strawberries...not plastic like shop bought ...:-)

Yeh I am tryin too hard..eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by GsxInShed View Post
                What's a simple practical and effective trellis system for a small plot with ......'Stringless Blue Lake' beans.. ????

They are prolific croppers...and have a weighty pod... I have them in a 40l pot only 3 plants.(so far...)...cheers..
                Regardless of type, I grow my climbing peas and beans on corn plants. Plant the corn a few weeks before the climbers so they get enough heights, then plant the climbers. They'll grow up the stalk and provide you with cord as well as what you're trying to grow. The Mayans have been doing this for centuries.
                Life seems more precious when there's less of it to waste.

Comment

• So I've ended up with a N-S facing trellis.. 3 x 2m tomato stakes...plastic 30mm square .... and a little run off from the pot for the Zucchini's .. I'll add pics as they develop...OK?

I have a soft spot for the local birds. They now have 5 feed stations.( yet to find 'em i imagine..;-0 ) Oh and 3 x 500ml fresh water containers... hanging in the Frangipani out the front..

I had the set up at the other house... they like to bathe.....and that makes me happy... too. Clean birds are healthy birds...

Comment

• I've waited 8 years for a derivitive of a favourite shanghai/bush rose

Rotated petals / pointed... light red parent..

OMFG daughter is caramel.....

how do I add pics../ look on avatar... XXXOOOO

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is fkn amzing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

8 years... omfg... did I say that already.?

Oh my ..... she is beautiful...precious....endearing.... heartwarming......gorgeous...oh my.

White throat Crimson parent... and she's scented. oh PHARK...... ( been whoring with the Frangipanni's I bet,...:-)..... a fkn mazin'...) tearz.........
                    Last edited by GsxInShed; 19-08-2017, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X