XBox 360

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XBox 360

Was looking for XBox MotoGP games and came across some nice looking graphics. With out realising what I was looking at (I just thought I had clicked on a XBox link) I saw some pretty hot graphics... Then realised the game was designed for 'XBox 360'

I know nothing about this platform, but the graphics compared to the original XBox look pretty swish:

XBox 360: MotoGP 2006 screenshots...

Compare the above with XBox graphics of similar content (different developers)
    XBox: MotoGP screenshots...

Some of the original XBox stuff still looks pretty good - has a film like grain and the simulated shallow depth of field doesn't look too bad either. However there were worse shots than these linked on this page...

The XBox 360 grabs are certainly much scrisper with a greater simulated depth of field - suppose more like HD TV quality - but again, there were worse grabs linked on this page...

Anyway - just thought it was an interesting comparison in image/picture quality.

EDIT: Sorry about the large graphics - but that's how they come out when they are linked in...
    I can't think what more you could possibly need to know... except maybe this:

im still waiting on TT for the ps2

videos here

Comment

Originally posted by tigerleo62@Jan 10 2006, 11:05 PM

The XBox 360 grabs are certainly much scrisper with a greater simulated depth of field - suppose more like HD TV quality
      [snapback]212693[/snapback]
      well duh

the xbxo 360 is supposed to support HDTV output, AFAIK with the current "release" games, unless you have a HDTV, you will barely notice the graphical improvement from the xbox to xbox 360

This link is more than informative clicky clicky ars technica!

or for the more nerdilly (is that even a word?) inclinded we have hardocp

the GPU/CPU combination is what i find most interesting

more hardocp

Comment

Originally posted by pkunk@Jan 11 2006, 12:41 PM
        well duh

more hardocp
        [snapback]212941[/snapback]
        Ha ha - I knew someone would post up some links of the XBox 360 specs and thus save me the bother of trying to find them myself - thanks Matt!
        I can't think what more you could possibly need to know... except maybe this:

Comment

Working...
        X