Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old computers

Hey guys,

Got a bunch of reaaally old misc computers "donated" for the computer room at shents by various patients/patients family. These are mostly crap, p2 400's with 64 meg of ram and stuff.

Anyway, anyone know of someone that would take these off our hands? Second hand computer store? We have no room for them. Hell, if any of you linux nerds want another server or whatever, let me know, if you can find a use for these we'd be more than happy for you to have them.

PM me, or email lee@ii.net

Thanks
    Lee

I'll take the ram out of them all please..
    bikeless

Comment

I wouldn't mind a PII 400 (or a little better) if one is available - including the RAM
      I can't think what more you could possibly need to know... except maybe this:

Comment

i'll put my hand up for a monitor, preferably 17"

you can have the rest i just need a monitor, hell i'll swap you my half dodgy one even

*edit* if you need to get rid of the whole lot asap kinda thing then i'll grab the whole item and sort it out later, and i like the idea of a donation to MAD too

Comment

Tell you guys what, I'll have a squiz at what is actually down there this saturday, and I'll try and update with a description of what we're giving away.

Comment

Originally posted by PHOBiA@Jan 11 2006, 03:30 PM
            I'll take the ram out of them all please..
            [snapback]213041[/snapback]
            Thanks, no thanks. If we're giving them away there is a much better chance of them being worth something to someone with ram.

Comment

Originally posted by leezxr@Jan 11 2006, 06:46 PM
              Tell you guys what, I'll have a squiz at what is actually down there this saturday, and I'll try and update with a description of what we're giving away.
              [snapback]213181[/snapback]
              Sounds good - cheers!

Comment

i'd be up for 1. are we talking selling, or giving away with a donation to the mad thingy?
                "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

This lot of computers are just taking up alot of space we really can't afford to be taking up, hence they're free with donations greatly appreciated. Will get back to you guys when I have some specs

Comment

yep id be interested in a whole complete computer for g/f to use

Comment

Originally posted by corks67@Jan 11 2006, 11:04 PM
                      yep id be interested in a whole complete computer for g/f to use
                      [snapback]213322[/snapback]
                      What i'm saying is im not sure how 'usable' these computers are. I don't even know they have windows on them to be honest, they may require a bit of techie stuff done to them.

Comment

Originally posted by leezxr@Jan 11 2006, 11:24 PM
                        What i'm saying is im not sure how 'usable' these computers are. I don't even know they have windows on them to be honest, they may require a bit of techie stuff done to them.
                        [snapback]213339[/snapback]
                        Cool by me

Comment

so long as power supply, m/b and processor all work, that's all i need
                          "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

Originally posted by chief wiggum@Jan 12 2006, 07:53 PM
                            so long as power supply, m/b and processor all work, that's all i need
                            [snapback]213804[/snapback]
                            Just to reinforce what has been mentioned before when giving away old PC's the components may be working at that time but there is no gurantee they will last. They may last a day, month, year or longer. It is completly pot luck. In my experience the component most likely to fail is the power supply. But then again it is not too hard / expensive to replace the power supply.
                            ==============================
                            Andrew Sidebottom
                            Blue Seal Graphics and Multimedia
                            Computer Technician & Network Administrator

Comment

you can count me in too! pretty please
                              Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

Working...
                              X