Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S2-Ahh@Jan 12 2006, 08:46 PM
    No no nooooooooooooooo

I know they say they are computer speakers... but they are just wasted on a PC.

Like I said, I've got two other ppl around to my house to have a look at DVDs on this setup and they look terrified and excited at the same time when they leave.

It was an instant sale.
    [snapback]213841[/snapback]
    And where is it you work ?

Comment

Anyone wanna buy some 5 new speakers and a passive woofer ?

Comment

I don't sell the stuff... I'm just an advocate for them.

I was just dumbfounded when I bought them that I had to spread the good word of Logitech (hail)

500+ RMS from 'computer speakers' !! I just wet myself.

The z-680s are definitely the go if you can still find em for tree fiddy.

I'll make it easy for you... seriously

$3000 or $350 ?

They are that good

Comment

Originally posted by snowman95@Jan 12 2006, 08:50 PM
          Anyone wanna buy some 5 new speakers and a passive amp?
          [snapback]213847[/snapback]
          Geez, that was a 'deep and meaningful' realtionship you had going with those speakers!

BTW - it's a passive Sub
          I can't think what more you could possibly need to know... except maybe this:

Comment

Originally posted by tigerleo62@Jan 12 2006, 08:52 PM
            Geez, that was a 'deep and meaningful' realtionship you had going with those speakers!   

BTW - it's a passive Sub
            [snapback]213851[/snapback]
            Yeah I&#39;m the king of proof reading <_< , ah shit I dunno what to do now.....

Comment

Dude, if ya wanna have a listen, you can check mine out

There it&#39;s cranking... can ya hear it?

Comment

Originally posted by S2-Ahh@Jan 12 2006, 08:57 PM
                Dude, if ya wanna have a listen, you can check mine out

There it&#39;s cranking... can ya hear it?
                [snapback]213858[/snapback]
                Ducati riding comedian I see

Comment

Originally posted by snowman95@Jan 12 2006, 08:55 PM
                  ah shit I dunno what to do now.....
                  [snapback]213856[/snapback]
                  How much money did you want to spend? Tho&#39; I guess you weren&#39;t planning on spending anything when you got the speakers...

Comment

Originally posted by tigerleo62@Jan 12 2006, 09:03 PM
                    How much money did you want to spend? Tho&#39; I guess you weren&#39;t planning on spending anything when you got the speakers... 
                    [snapback]213864[/snapback]
                    Goddam mind reader

Yeah I was looking to get out of this cheap, ie $0.00, but I think the most that I would go for this thing is like $100.00, could have been a bit more but the cops took some of that this morning , if you have some magical plan lemme know!~

Comment

Originally posted by snowman95@Jan 12 2006, 09:18 PM
                      if you have some magical plan lemme know!~
                      [snapback]213871[/snapback]
                      Not for $100 bucks seeing as how you would also need a powered sub. The other thing is if you haven&#39;t got any audio cables and speaker wire that is also going to add to the cost. But I wouldn&#39;t go out and buy a $100 all in one type system.

As I mentioned, you can get cheap 5.1 amps with very minimal features and Dick Smith every so often sells their DSE brand 10" active sub-woofers for around $170 (not listed on the site at the moment tho&#39 so with the 5 satelite speakers you have you would be a little under $300. Then for that price you would probably find a reasonable all in one type system...

You could just buy a 5.1 amp to start with, but those satelite speakers without a sub-woofer will sound shit

You could scout around Cash Converters and see if you can find a cheap powered sub - OR find a cheap amp to power the passive sub you have. But it would be a bit of a bitsa system and you could end up throwing money at it to get it sounding reasonable. Perhaps best to save up for a decent 5.1 system if you have your heart set on HT in your lounge.

Comment

ok

Plan a)
                        Purchase seperate AMP / RECEIVER units to make use of existing passive speakers / sub @

a.1 - Expensive (Decent components) to run shit speakers
                        a.2 - Cheap (Cheap components to run shit speakers but still costing ~$300 - ie more than I want to spend)

Plan

All in one system unit
                        ~$300.00

Plan c)

Sell speakers for $5 and profit

Plan d)

Watch cartoons and worry about it later

Comment

Found the Dick Smith 10" sub - $149 - nice little sub for the price - have one myself for the computer room... click me

Comment

Originally posted by tigerleo62@Jan 12 2006, 09:58 PM
                            Found the Dick Smith 10" sub - $149 - nice little sub for the price - have one myself for the computer room...  click me
                            [snapback]213897[/snapback]
                            Hmmm and then a cheap receiver from strathfields or something...

Comment

Originally posted by snowman95@Jan 12 2006, 10:01 PM
                              Hmmm and then a cheap receiver from strathfields or something...
                              [snapback]213900[/snapback]
                              What you can do with the sub is drive two of the satelite speakers until you get more money together for the 5.1 amp

Comment

The logitech z-680&#39;s are fantastic if all you want is boomy explosions and lots of overblown rumble. Great for action movies, but shitty for music.

But horses for courses, they do what they&#39;re designed to do, and quite well too.
                                For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                                For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Working...
                                X