PDA's - Best recommendations -Klinky-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDA's - Best recommendations -Klinky-

I'm looking for a PDA for work use that'll also allow me to use as a GPS unit & wireless internet.

So far I've looked at the O2's and HP iPAQ rx1950.

I was also thinking about a PDA with GPS & Phone but I really don't want to go over the $500 if possible.

Any recommendations?

Klink, I know you've used one or two in your time, what do you reckon mate?

from my time at dickies, the navman units sold really well.. but they weren't wireless internet capable, they were ok at being both a pda and gps unit but not fantastic at either, I have been outta the electronics scene for about 4 months now but last i checked i don't know how close to 500 bucks you're gonna get... I would've thought closer to 800 or so...
    tba.....

Comment

So far I've found this for $400 new. No phone capabilities though which is fine, will just have to buy another phone.

http://h50025.www5.hp.com/hpcom/au_e...0_4557sna.html

Comment

don't think that one has gps
        tba.....

Comment

The GPS is what is prob going to push the cost towards the $800 mark. I would also recommending factoring in any accessories you are after getting - extra storage (SD Card etc.), Screen Protectors, Spare Stylus, Case if it doesn't come with one.
          ==============================
          Andrew Sidebottom
          Blue Seal Graphics and Multimedia
          Computer Technician & Network Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Jono@Jan 12 2006, 11:20 PM
            don't think  that one has gps
            [snapback]213940[/snapback]

The GPS programming and antenna can be installed. We've got all the mapping programs, I just need that actual PDA now.

We've converted a Compaq Ipaq 3630 PDA into a GPS, now I just need to find one for myself.

Comment

Grab a Dell Axim X50 and then just get a bluetooth GPS unit off Ebay.
              bikeless

Comment

Klinky is your man cos he has used a PDA for some time and has GPS Bluetooth GPS unit.

I recently got the O2 Atom (released late December) and am only just getting into the XDA swing. It will also do GPS stuff. Its very small (the only thing that would make me use one) which is great to carry but a bit fiddly to use. Built in WiFi is a great feature.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Originally posted by Deej@Jan 13 2006, 09:17 AM
                  Klinky is your man cos he has used a PDA for some time and has GPS Bluetooth GPS unit.

I recently got the O2 Atom (released late December) and am only just getting into the XDA swing.  It will also do GPS stuff.  Its very small (the only thing that would make me use one) which is great to carry but a bit fiddly to use.  Built in WiFi is a great feature.
                  [snapback]214040[/snapback]

Thanks mate, will get in touch soon. I'll be up that way in a couple of weeks so we'll catch up.

Comment

Have a look at geekzone.com.nz , a great site for all the answers to what you are looking at . I have an HP4150 for work no gps but they are a great unit .

Comment

Working...
                    X