Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power AMPS / Pre AMPS

hi there
    just bought myself some very large nice speakers just for 2 way setup (no home theatre)

whats a good power amp to go along with it and a pre amp?

each channel puts out total 300w

so need a good amp to use its fullest potential with very min THD % rate?

any recommendations?

Originally posted by [NoMaD]@Jan 14 2006, 08:03 PM
    each channel puts out total 300w

so need a good amp to use its fullest potential with very min THD % rate?

any recommendations?
    [snapback]214702[/snapback]
    ear plugs?
    I can't think what more you could possibly need to know... except maybe this:

Comment

Marantz has a fantastic sound to their amps in my opinion. They are pretty top shelf though, so price wise they are not cheap.
      Beyond that youd be looking at the hi-fi holy grail of little independant makes and even valve amps for pure sound and quality.
      Depends at what level you want to get into it at i guess.

Could look at some of the studio ranges, as they often give amazing sound quality, but not the biggest power outputs though.

Unless your looking for ultimate high quality output, then a pre-amp is really not much use (in my opinion). Its a must using valve amps, and can give a slightly better input into a good quality amp, but price vs result, I dont think its worth it.

Comment

its cool

just bought myself some rotel's

now all i need are speaker and interconnect cables!

Comment

Originally posted by [NoMaD]@Jan 17 2006, 12:51 PM
          now all i need are speaker and interconnect cables!
          [snapback]215882[/snapback]
          Check out Jaycar if you haven't already - they have a fairly good range of interconnects from the cheap rubbish to 'pro'-range stuff at varying prices. You can also get yourself a roll or two of decent speaker wire.
          I can't think what more you could possibly need to know... except maybe this:

Comment

Hahhaha you bought Rotels, say bye bye to your hearing (man they make good amps)

Comment

Working...
            X