No announcement yet.

Camping megathread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

only problems I've had with blow up mattress is buying a cheap large one. buy a quality one just the right size for you an all good.

to large an the air in the mattress goes elsewhere an you'll find yourself on the deck. some of the best sleep has been on a air mattress.

btw this has been countless weekend trips an 4 different 4 week road trips as well
    Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

I've just been given a Yamaha EF600 generator. It's like those little suitcase generators but this one is from the 1980's. Anyone had anything to do with them? The Googlenet doesnt turn up much and I'm trying to find out what its dBa rating is.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcore View Post
        only problems I've had with blow up mattress is buying a cheap large one. buy a quality one just the right size for you an all good.

to large an the air in the mattress goes elsewhere an you'll find yourself on the deck. some of the best sleep has been on a air mattress.

btw this has been countless weekend trips an 4 different 4 week road trips as well
        Gotta brand and are they self inflating? Do they pack smallish to fit on the top of a bike pannier? Would be keen to try one if they exist. Are they good on rough or just plain bare ground?
        Those little self inflating foam type ones are a little uncomfortable , but were better than sleeping on the deck on a freezing desert night.
        Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

Those coleman air beds are comfy, you can vary the pressure to suit. They don't hold up to rough use though.

Comment

I always use my air beds in the tent so maybe that's why no dramas?

Yep I've always used Coleman. Tried a good self inflating one but found it wasn't the best plus it was a lot bigger to try an cart on the motorbike.

Little handy hint for carting it on the bike. I always put my camping gear in a big duffel bag. which gets wrapped up in a small tarp an strapped up with cambuckle straps. Keeps it all neat an well an truly waterproof. Plus when you set up camp you have a clean area.

Comment

All my mates that are hardcore campers use Black Wolf tents and OzTrail self-inflating mattresses. Yet recon that's the top mix.

Comment

The Black Wolf Mega Deluxe self inflating mattress that I mentioned earlier is unbelievably comfortable... in the shop.
                When you sit or kneel on it, you touch the floor (the guy did say that he would normally throw a couple of breaths into it for a bit of extra clearance - but didn't in the shop for hygiene reasons - understandable). But lay on it, even on your side, and it is very comfortable.
                It also rolls up quite small.

Based on that, I would love one, but I'm just not sure how well it would hold up when there are divots, tufts of weed, rocks etc.

An air mattress will soak all of that up, but has the bulk attached to it.
                Perhaps there'll be cause to have different mattresses for different conditions?

Comment

Um air mattress folds up really small? Hence why i use em traveling on the bike

Comment

Planning to camp at a caravan park down denmark way at the end of jan. Not quite roughing it, but it is a reasonable compromise for the wife who isnt so keen on roughing it too much. I'm trying to get together 2 sets of gear. 1 set for a more permanant set up, and 1 set for more overnight hiking sort of stuff.

Price goes up pretty quick.

Anyone got any good suggestions for a gazebo type thing? Possibly one with removable walls. Have also seen one thats more like a big domw tent with just flyscreen walls, but a solid roof.

Comment

OzTrail Deluxe Gazebo, then buy either individual mesh or solid wall kits, or by a complete kit.
                      We've got the mesh indoor kit, which comes fully sealed with floor and ceiling, so is totally inspect proof.
                      set of doors at either end. Worked a treat down south last week

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino View Post
                        The Black Wolf Mega Deluxe self inflating mattress that I mentioned earlier is unbelievably comfortable... in the shop.
                        When you sit or kneel on it, you touch the floor (the guy did say that he would normally throw a couple of breaths into it for a bit of extra clearance - but didn't in the shop for hygiene reasons - understandable). But lay on it, even on your side, and it is very comfortable.
                        It also rolls up quite small.

Based on that, I would love one, but I'm just not sure how well it would hold up when there are divots, tufts of weed, rocks etc.

An air mattress will soak all of that up, but has the bulk attached to it.
                        Perhaps there'll be cause to have different mattresses for different conditions?
                        just rang a mate and asked him. They all use camper stretchers under the matresses.
                        Same thing, otherwise you'll feel the floor. So they use the stretcher then the self-inflating bed on top of that.
                        reckon it's as comfy as their bed at home.

Comment

this is all i use for camping
                          A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

Comment

Originally posted by baxter View Post

this is all i use for camping
                            Thats because you're the "campest" person on PSB
                            It's better to be thought stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt

Pure speed in sixth gear on a 5,000 foot straightaway is one thing, but pure speed in third gear on a gravel-strewn, downhill, ess turn is quite another.
                            Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

ahem...

Originally posted by BERT - in Gippo's (now closed) gay marriage thread
                              WHAT FUCKEN BUSINESS IS IT OF YOURS !!!!
                              I dont want to marry him, we're just friends

with benefits
                              https://parodieslost.blog/

Comment

Originally posted by BERT View Post
                                Thats because you're the "campest" person on PSB
                                now now sailor at least buy me a drink first
                                A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

Comment

Working...
                                X