No announcement yet.

Camping megathread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've had good results with some VERY friendly backpackers.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

• Details of MundiAL track where released two weeks ago. Already Albany based Greens politicians are up in arms and crying claiming it will lead to the spread of Dieback and the track was pieced together with no consultation with DPAW which is a load of crap. Also if they do some research (ie: d/l the trail waypoints) they will see that its all major unsealed roads that have been there for a long time and are most likely used by locals.
      B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

• Fuck I hate them lot. Dieback spreads just as much on the boots of walkers, push bikes and animals as it does on cars/bikes. Rather than lock a generation out of the 'dieback areas' maybe put in wash stations and enable responsible camping and adventuring.

Comment

• Sow some seeds and watch the great unwashed jump on to the band wagon. During six months on the road the only people poluting that I saw were the greenie types who were bathing nude in the stream and washing clothes. A facility with showers next to them for a dollar a shower. My eyes can not unsee this!

The locals did not tell them crocs used that stream.

Comment

• Not camping, but had a cheeky stay in Balingup this weekend.
            One of my raw videos.

Comment

• Awesome! Done with an SLR and motorised dolly?
              Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

• Thanks.

iPhone and DJI Osmo 2

Bit of a jag.

Didn't know exactly when or where the sun was going to come up (I've got the apps to do it, but just took a punt as I was in a rush).
                I love the lens flare coming in at the end.

Not sure if the the jitter is the two OIS systems fighting each other (common with that hardware combination), or if it's how YouTube is serving it.
                Need to check the local copy.

Comment

• The Andes

Some of you guys wil remember the camping trip on the Holland Track with Short Steve with my two daughters joining us in tents.

Well Bec has just sent her tenting pic hiking in the Andes Mountains.

Machu Picchu

A great effort up to 4,400 meters.

Comment

• Well we got a message from my Daughter, extend my airfare home!

So may beautiful places explored, White water rafting, and horse riding.

Argentina.

Comment

• I love Argentina, I would go back in a heartbeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Graelin View Post
                        Well we got a message from my Daughter, extend my airfare home!

So may beautiful places explored, White water rafting, and horse riding.

Argentina.

Did you happen to be out at Hoffman’s mill over the Easter weeken?
                        Born to ride forced to work

Comment

• A new place for us, Ellendale Pool on near Walkaway. Very peaceful with toilets provided. We had some days at Cliff Head as well.

Comment

• I head off in a week to meet up with some crew and ride into Walcott Inlet and surrounds via The Munja Track for two weeks. Will bring back pics if the crocs don't get me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	munja-map1.jpg?w=635.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	5242111
                            They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

• A walk last night. Australian Fathers Day with my London based Daughter.

Comment

• The first time I used a swag, it was about 2 degrees over night or something.
                                I was worried I'd get cold so I zipped that fucker right up.

Woke up in the middle of the night gasping for air.

It was sealed alright!

The confined space will keep you warm enough.

Once I got the air and the temperature regulation right - I found it extremely comfortable.

It's not one you could take on a bike though.

Comment

Working...
                                X