Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chew
    replied
    I head off in a week to meet up with some crew and ride into Walcott Inlet and surrounds via The Munja Track for two weeks. Will bring back pics if the crocs don't get me.

munja-map1.jpg?w=635.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Graelin
    replied
    A new place for us, Ellendale Pool on near Walkaway. Very peaceful with toilets provided. We had some days at Cliff Head as well.

Leave a comment:

• CbrRider81
    replied
    Originally posted by Graelin View Post
    Well we got a message from my Daughter, extend my airfare home!

So may beautiful places explored, White water rafting, and horse riding.

Argentina.

Did you happen to be out at Hoffman’s mill over the Easter weeken?

Leave a comment:

• wonky
    replied
    I love Argentina, I would go back in a heartbeat.

Leave a comment:

• Graelin
    replied
    Well we got a message from my Daughter, extend my airfare home!

So may beautiful places explored, White water rafting, and horse riding.

Argentina.

Leave a comment:

• Graelin
    replied
    The Andes

Some of you guys wil remember the camping trip on the Holland Track with Short Steve with my two daughters joining us in tents.

Well Bec has just sent her tenting pic hiking in the Andes Mountains.

Machu Picchu

A great effort up to 4,400 meters.

Leave a comment:

• Rhino
    replied
    Thanks.

iPhone and DJI Osmo 2

Bit of a jag.

Didn't know exactly when or where the sun was going to come up (I've got the apps to do it, but just took a punt as I was in a rush).
    I love the lens flare coming in at the end.

Not sure if the the jitter is the two OIS systems fighting each other (common with that hardware combination), or if it's how YouTube is serving it.
    Need to check the local copy.

Leave a comment:

• TurboR1
    replied
    Awesome! Done with an SLR and motorised dolly?

Leave a comment:

• Rhino
    replied
    Not camping, but had a cheeky stay in Balingup this weekend.
    One of my raw videos.

Leave a comment:

• Graelin
    replied
    Sow some seeds and watch the great unwashed jump on to the band wagon. During six months on the road the only people poluting that I saw were the greenie types who were bathing nude in the stream and washing clothes. A facility with showers next to them for a dollar a shower. My eyes can not unsee this!

The locals did not tell them crocs used that stream.

Leave a comment:

• SomeBloke
    replied
    Fuck I hate them lot. Dieback spreads just as much on the boots of walkers, push bikes and animals as it does on cars/bikes. Rather than lock a generation out of the 'dieback areas' maybe put in wash stations and enable responsible camping and adventuring.

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Mike
    replied
    Details of MundiAL track where released two weeks ago. Already Albany based Greens politicians are up in arms and crying claiming it will lead to the spread of Dieback and the track was pieced together with no consultation with DPAW which is a load of crap. Also if they do some research (ie: d/l the trail waypoints) they will see that its all major unsealed roads that have been there for a long time and are most likely used by locals.

Leave a comment:

• TurboR1
    replied
    I've had good results with some VERY friendly backpackers.

Leave a comment:

• SomeBloke
    replied
    That is true, I've probably encountered just as many idiots as I have grumpy soft-roaders in the free-camping/caravan parks. Going away in winter and to well out of the way places usually means it is quiet though.

I think best I've found are old fishers on remote beaches or those in country pubs.

Leave a comment:

• Graelin
    replied
    Now caravanistgeriatrication discrimination. I will have you know young man that I have met many youngsters in dirty four wheel drives with attitudinal dysfunction. Tearing up closed tracks and giving everyone a bad name. Some people on motorcycles also, I do not use the term motorcyclist as they are not deserving of this recognition. Pit bikes that have pipes off ridden flat out close to housing until the thing gives up. Grumpy young people become grumpy old people! Age does not magically change their demeanour.

In truth the friendliest people I have met have had two forms of travel motorcycles and surprisingly caravans. The friendlier by general consensus are the freedom campers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X