Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Stores Near Morley

Hey all

I just got back from PLE Computers in Wangara, unfortunately they did not have the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro in stock which I wanted to buy - despite it being in stock on their website .

I also just called Net Solution Computers on Broun Av, but they did not have it either.

Do any of you geeks know any other computer stores near here? I'm gonna go check out ABACUS on Wellington Road and see if they have anything.

Help appreciated!

Originally posted by Calculus@Jan 20 2006, 01:58 PM
    Hey all

I just got back from PLE Computers in Wangara, unfortunately they did not have the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro in stock which I wanted to buy - despite it being in stock on their website .

I also just called Net Solution Computers on Broun Av, but they did not have it either.

Do any of you geeks know any other computer stores near here? I'm gonna go check out ABACUS on Wellington Road and see if they have anything.

Help appreciated!
    [snapback]217409[/snapback]
    Not really in the area, but try:
    www.netplus.com.au - O Park
    www.austin.net.au - O Park
    www.simline.com.au - O Park

Or if you're not in a hurry:
    www.techbuy.com.au - online
    www.scorptech.com.au - online
    www.nintek.com.au - online

might help

Comment

I couldn't find a 9800 for sale on the PLE website anywhere? I can't help with other computer stores, but whats your budget like? A 6600gt isnt much more, and they are a fair whack better for games.

Comment

Yeah I was looking at the 6600GT (256mb) but are they also AGP compatible?

I may bite the bullet and get it if it is AGP compaible

As fo the budget I guess I wouldn't mind spending an extra 50 bucks, so all up ~$250 dollars.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks for them websites maya - I don't mind traveling to osborne park, close enough (:

Comment

AGP? You got an old system?

PCI Express is much faster.

It's not Morley, but MCG Tech are pretty close to PLE on prices.

They're in Westminster (Balga)

Comment

Yeah, I got an older system, too bad my motherboard does not support PCIe, ohwell! AGP will do it, for now

Comment

Oh if anyone knows any stores, anywhere in Perth that might have a GeForce 6600GT 256mb AGP post it in here! Hell, post any computer store you know! I'll give them a ring/check their website and find out!

I'm starting to go crazy,

Comment

AFAIK they only make 128 meg agp 6600's. My mate bought one, and I got a 9800 pro, and he'll beat me in framerates.

RAM isnt everything.

Comment

Originally posted by S2-Ahh@Jan 20 2006, 02:24 PM
                    AGP? You got an old system?

PCI Express is much faster.

It's not Morley, but MCG Tech are pretty close to PLE on prices.

They're in Westminster (Balga)
                    [snapback]217432[/snapback]
                    The theoretical maximum bandwisth of the technology doesn't matter. Thin k of it as a 2 lane road versus a 4 lane road. If you're tootling along it in your car, it doesn't matter how wide it is, since you don't use it all.

The exact same applies, with 8x AGP the data transmission isn't the bottleneck, so an equivalent PCIE and AGP card will be the exact same speed.

<removes nerd hat>

Austin are pretty good price wise, and thier service isn&#39;t that bad.
                    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Ok crisis over! I managed to borrow a decent card from a friend until more stock arrives in the stores! Yay! !

Time for gaming!

Comment

Originally posted by Calculus@Jan 20 2006, 05:50 PM
                        Ok crisis over! I managed to borrow a decent card from a friend until more stock arrives in the stores! Yay! !

Time for gaming!
                        [snapback]217533[/snapback]
                        dude im using a 9800se pro atm and it only just copes with alot of the new fps such as quake4 etc i would be looking at a new system that supports the new cards as i am, u may jus be wasting ur money im using a 2200+ xp with 1gb of decent kingston ddrII 533mhz hopefully this info may help you as id hate to see u waste ur folding stuff

Comment

Working...
                        X