game won't let me play it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• game won't let me play it

gotta bit of a prob with medal of hounour-pacific assault. just went to start er up, and it tells me i have a cd/dvd emulation program running, and that i should turn it off and restart the game. gone thru the task manager and can't see anything progs of the sort running. this has never happened before, and i haven't installed any new progs of that type for quite a while. anyone?
    "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Have you got Daemon tools or Alcohol 120% installed?

you could also try to download and run sd4hide.exe (google it) as thats a work around for this.
    My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
    Motorcycle Panel & Paint
    Q-Zar Fremantle
    Rated-R Parts
    PerthStreetBikes.com and it's generous members
    Carlisle Printing - Deals for PSB members
    CIC - Competition & Industrial Coatings
    Carpet Liquidators - Midland

Comment

Originally posted by Tyson@Jan 28 2006, 02:23 PM
      Have you got Daemon tools or Alcohol 120% installed?
      [snapback]220251[/snapback]
      That was my first thought too, it sounds like the game is running some verification tool to ensure you are not running a cracked version.

Check add/remove programs for the two proggies Tyson lists above and google for any in the program list that you are not familiar with.

Sometimes these programs will create fake (emulated) drives which appear in My Computer as if they were normal CD/DVD drives, that could be a give-awy too. Count how many physical drives you have in your PC (hdd's, CD/DVD, USB, mapped etc) and if there are more drives than devices then you have some form (or had) some form of emulation software running.

Or just head out on another ride

"At the start of the season, you can’t win the championship in the first round, but you can lose it.” - Travis Pastrana

"If your mind can conceive it then
      your hands can achieve it"- Nigel Petrie (Engineeredtoslide.com)

Comment

Just use a No-cd crack for it and throw ya CD away in the cupboard for safe keeping.

http://m0003.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_me...c_assault.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by rz350@Jan 28 2006, 05:15 PM
          Just use a No-cd crack for it and throw ya CD away in the cupboard for safe keeping.

http://m0003.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_me...c_assault.shtml
          [snapback]220291[/snapback]
          Shit, I thought this was "perthstreetbikes.com.au" not "perthleethackers.com.au", I must have entered the wrong URL

Did your friend Warez show you how to do that, I heard he is good at that sort of thing

"At the start of the season, you can’t win the championship in the first round, but you can lose it.” - Travis Pastrana

"If your mind can conceive it then
          your hands can achieve it"- Nigel Petrie (Engineeredtoslide.com)

Comment

haha that site isnt dodgy read the disclaimer on the front page!

Its for people who are to lazy to find their cds everytime they want to play a game!!!

Surely people dont use these no cd cracks to *gasp* pirate games??!

Comment

ok, got one thing sorted...nother 200k's on the 12...all i gotta do now is make this game work
              "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

the cloned sheep decided he was gonna make his own virtual drive, guess that's what the prob was. so now it's all patched up, and the disc has been put away in the cupboard, never to be removed again. good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by chief wiggum@Jan 29 2006, 10:10 PM
                  the cloned sheep decided he was gonna make his own virtual drive, guess that's what the prob was. so now it's all patched up, and the disc has been put away in the cupboard, never to be removed again. good stuff.
                  [snapback]220594[/snapback]
                  Only thing about cracking a game is if you try to play online, some games crack the shits... some games.
                  1, Always look good
                  2, Always know what you're doing
                  3, In failure of step 2 refer to step one

Comment

terrific game. good to hear u got it working
                    ride jap bikes by day, kill japs by night. (gotta love their banzai charges, so cool)

Comment

Working...
                    X