Broadband

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadband

I'm looking for a new broadband server to use, currently using optus which sucks.
    Any recomendations would be much apreciated.

Linds
    Rock it - Roll it an Twist it!!

All new parts available, contact me anytime.

Im with iinet at the moment and think it is damn good.
    Get 40Gb per month download at very fast speeds for around $100 a month including my line rental. More than happy with the service as well

Comment

Originally posted by devilsaltarboy@Feb 5 2006, 12:27 AM
      Im with iinet at the moment and think it is damn good.
      Get 40Gb per month download at very fast speeds for around $100 a month including my line rental. More than happy with the service as well
      [snapback]223082[/snapback]
      40gbs would do me just fine, i'm paying $54 a month for (this doesn't seem right)
      1gb at 512kbps, speed is fine until I run out of download, then it's back to the stone age.

I heard of a server called opera I think.

Comment

I have the bundle with iinet. $39.95 for the B.B, 4gb d/l peak & 4gb d/l off-peak. I have the older ethernet router, which gets just over 5,000kb/s.
        If you want to take advantage of the B.B.2, you will need a newer router. Mine actually slowed down with B.B.2.
        Marty 3005

Moto Guzzi Stelvio & BMW G650GS

Comment

Originally posted by devil@Feb 5 2006, 12:39 AM
          40gbs would do me just fine, i'm paying $54 a month for* (this doesn't seem right)
          1gb at* 512kbps, speed is fine until I run out of download, then it's back to the stone age.
          [snapback]223083[/snapback]
          Bwaahahaa.... 512kbps IS the stone age devil - and at $54 for it you're being raped. I don't know how any ISP can claim that 512 is broadband.

I'm with iiNet on the 10/10 plan, with phone... $80 per month, thinking of getting the 20/20.

I'm connected to the exchange at 8mbps... Be careful, I CANNOT get 24mbps because of my distance from the exchange. Check before you spend the extra notes on a BB2+ modem. A normal ADSL should get you up to 8.

I love iiNet.

Comment

Originally posted by S2-Ahh@Feb 5 2006, 09:09 AM
            Bwaahahaa.... 512kbps IS the stone age devil - and at $54 for it you're being raped. I don't know how any ISP can claim that 512 is broadband.

I'm with iiNet on the 10/10 plan, with phone...* $80 per month, thinking of getting the 20/20.

I'm connected to the exchange at 8mbps... Be careful, I CANNOT get 24mbps because of my distance from the exchange. Check before you spend the extra notes on a BB2+ modem. A normal ADSL should get you up to 8.

I love iiNet.
            [snapback]223114[/snapback]

SPewin i dont understand this, i rang iinet the other day and got prices on phone and adsl, they quoted me like $100 bucks for 1 Gig on 8mbs plus phone.

i ended up with Optus on 14Gig peak/7Gig off peak, 1.5mbs/256kb plus line rental for $75 per month which i thought was reasonable??

Comment

Current iinet plans (as of 5 Feb 06):

ADSL2+ With home phone billed thru iinet:
              10gig/10gig = $83.31
              20gig/20gig = $103.31

ADSL 1.5 without home phone billed thru iinet:
              10gig/10gig = $79.95
              20gig/20gig = $99.95
              If you can... you MUST!

Comment

Originally posted by S2-Ahh+Feb 5 2006, 09:09 AM-->
                I'm connected to the exchange at 8mbps... Be careful, I CANNOT get 24mbps because of my distance from the exchange.
                [snapback]223114[/snapback]
                [/b]
                How do you tell what speed you are connected at?

<!--QuoteBegin-05R1boy
                @Feb 5 2006, 03:41 PM
                SPewin i dont understand this, i rang iinet the other day and got prices on phone and adsl,* they quoted me like $100 bucks for 1 Gig on 8mbs plus phone.

i ended up with Optus on 14Gig peak/7Gig off peak, 1.5mbs/256kb plus line rental for $75 per month which i thought was reasonable??
                [snapback]223164[/snapback]
                Simon, you probably don&#39;t have ADSL2 on your exchange that might be why they were giving you prices for ADSL

Comment

May have to upgrade with optus till my contract expires and that sucks as I
                  still have aprox 18 months left, should have asked you guys b4 I signed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Lester@Feb 5 2006, 07:00 PM
                    How do you tell what speed you are connected at?

Simon, you probably don&#39;t have ADSL2 on your exchange that might be why they were giving you prices for ADSL
                    [snapback]223195[/snapback]
                    I have a &#39;Billion&#39; router. You go to their home page and log in to find out.
                    Marty 3005

Moto Guzzi Stelvio & BMW G650GS

Comment

Working...
                    X