Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using Amnet as an ISP??

I'm just about to sign up for Amnet ADSL. 8m/1m 10gb per month $49.99

Does anyone have any experience of this mob??

I have just signed up (yay, they are finally down in Rockingham). I cannot comment on what experiences I have had as it would be quite Biased. I work there

Plans are good, network is good, user tools may not be the most extensive (but *shhh* thats changing soon).

Comment

I've been with Amnet for about 6 months and I am pleased with them. I wasn't impressed with technical support when I was trying to get my account activated but I haven't needed it once since then.
      im a holding, stroking, loving machine...also spanking

Comment

I've been with Amnet for about 6 months and I am pleased with them. I wasn't impressed with technical support when I was trying to get my account activated but I haven't needed it once since then.
        [/b]
        im sure sammytrailer will post his phone extension number if any other PSB members have problems with amnet

Comment

I'm with Arach.net who just got bought out by amcom.

I've sent emails, made phone calls, done ALL sorts of shit trying to get in touch with someone about switching plans and so far after voicemails, emails and 2 weeks:

a). I have not yet been able to talk to anyone

b). no one has bothered responding to voicemail messages or emails.

What does that tell ya?

Also, since swapping from Arach.net...

I was with arach.net for a year before they were bought out. I had my service drop out maybe 3 times in that year. Amcom bought out Arach.net in November (I think) last year, I get on average a dropout a week now.

I'm starting to feel less than impressed.
          Originally posted by http://www.textsfromlastnight.com
          (626): I'm trying this new thing, it's called standards

Comment

Went to sign up with them a while ago, Never recieved a return call from sales.

Sent emails in without response.

Customer service does not appear to be high on there agenda.
            My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
            Motorcycle Panel & Paint
            Q-Zar Fremantle
            Rated-R Parts
            PerthStreetBikes.com and it's generous members
            Carlisle Printing - Deals for PSB members
            CIC - Competition & Industrial Coatings
            Carpet Liquidators - Midland

Comment

Was with arachnet, was switched to Amnet, their phone customer service SUCKS, but if you're willing to wait the 15-25 minutes for help they will fix up any issues, had to call a few times, but yeah, be prepared to wait, otherwise, im wonder if they will port me to the 8m/1m 'cause im payin bloody $55.00 for 512k broadband

Comment

Shrike, Sorry to hear you've had issues, but I can't comment (as I am nowhere near the network side of the company). Integrating 2 huge (and substantially different) networks, billing systems, support systems etc Is not an easy task.

The helpdesk is quite busy, but 15-20 minutes waiting is not that bad. I've been waiting for well over an hour at IInet (my current ISP) and that was during a quiet period. If you stay on the line instead of hanging up and ringing again, you will get through the queue quicker and will get assistance. Emails to support are answered, and you should recieve a ticket number you can quote etc.

The fastest way to get connected is by using the online application form. I wont comment on sales, but unless it's setting up a business with weird needs, all the information you need can be found on the website (let me know if you need some help).

If you do have a big issue, PM me and I'll forward the details of who you should contact.

Pkunk: No way dude, I'm just a developer, all I can do Is transfer them to the helpdesk queue

Comment

I migrated all my work services from Telstra to Amcom in the last 6 months. The product and price provided by amcom is fantastic the customer service is not.

Shrike, Sorry to hear you've had issues, but I can't comment (as I am nowhere near the network side of the company). Integrating 2 huge (and substantially different) networks, billing systems, support systems etc Is not an easy task. [/b]
                  I have had this story from the account executive and whilst I completely understand the complexities involved in a large scale migration I believe Amcom's customer service was not up to the same level as Arachnet before this migration took place, as such Arachnet customers have seen a decline in the level of customer service.

Currently I have had an issue with a site which has not been resolved since the 3rd of January when it was originally reported. I have direct dials for our account manager and our support representative neither of which answer their calls. It is always leave a voice message or send an email which I find quite appalling.

As I said, Amcom do have a good product and the value for money is fantastic but I feel the customer service needs a lot of work. My experience with them at work has lead me to choose another provider for my home connection, which really dissapoints me because I like to support West Australian companies.

Comment

Yeah, that's basically how I see it, Exodus.

I mean, I understand the whole integrating networks bizzo, but I was trying to swap plans - I wanted to GIVE THEM MORE MONEY and not a peep from them. Almost as if they're not interested in money.

That, or they hope if they ignore customers long enough they'll go away. Hell, I try to do that sometimes

I mean, the email that I just sent on monday, which was a reply to their automated email, received two weeks before has still not been answered.

That automated email has been the only response I've received from them, because every time I call up, I'm transferred to (Dick? Dale? Derek? whoever it is looks after these things) and he never picks up. And I don't think he knows how to use his voicemail, because he never calls back.

Hell, if I want bad customer service, I'd go back to Telstra.

Comment

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("Shrike")</div>
                      I&#39;m with Arach.net who just got bought out by amcom.

I&#39;ve sent emails, made phone calls, done ALL sorts of shit trying to get in touch with someone about switching plans and so far after voicemails, emails and 2 weeks:

a). I have not yet been able to talk to anyone

b). no one has bothered responding to voicemail messages or emails.

What does that tell ya?

Also, since swapping from Arach.net...

I was with arach.net for a year before they were bought out. I had my service drop out maybe 3 times in that year. Amcom bought out Arach.net in November (I think) last year, I get on average a dropout a week now.

I&#39;m starting to feel less than impressed.[/b]
                      I was with arachnet for 6 years awesome service never had any dropouts. Since the merge with Amcom we have had periods of days where we can&#39;t log on i&#39;m on here now only because i&#39;m using Mozzila.

Amcom has shit service, there product is shit and we are in the process of changing providers.

Comment

Since the merge with Amcom we have had periods of days where we can&#39;t log on[/b]
                        AFAIK, there has never been any outage that spans multiple days. During the merge process, downtime was experienced. What you are forgetting is that Amcom gave you 2 weeks (I think) free internet as an appology. Now, this is something that I&#39;ve never had from another ISP.

i&#39;m on here now only because i&#39;m using Mozzila.
                        [/b]
                        Sorry to be all Uber geeky, but switching your browser will not really affect your ISP connection. If it does, that means that you have a configuration issue. The fact that you *can* view webpages and see the outside world means that the issue is on your end. Call the helpdesk, wait in the queue and they&#39;ll help you out. Sure, it might be 15 minutes or so, but you will get assistance.

Amcom has shit service, there product is shit and we are in the process of changing providers.
                        [/b]
                        Sorry to hear that, but don&#39;t forget to submit a cancellation form. If you Churn to another provider, its classified as a disconnection. The Terms of Service still applies and without sufficient notification, you will charged the full cancellation fee.

Comment

I will alyways recommend westnet, I have had 4 years of great product and service from them now.

I have no problems with westnet customer service wise, heck its very rare i find myself on hold there no matter what time i call. Occasional connection issues (like once every 6 months of connecting every day) crop up but they are not an issue.

Amcom ... well when the price looks too good to be true ... it often is. Thats a choice you have to make.

Comment

amnet are gay

they shape ya waix even when it states unlimited waix, but in their clause they dont really mean unlimited..thats misleading

plus their service is shit, they dont call u back, u end up having to ring them back and they always tell someone will get back to ya..yeh right.

Comment

Wow, Amnet&#39;s taking a real hammering.

Hope Sammytrailor&#39;s printed out this thread to show his/her bosses...

Comment

Working...
                              X