ADSL, best deal??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADSL, best deal??

Finally going to get it for home, need it for uni etc, I have the new house all wired with smart wiring and hubs and filtered for it, just need a modem and ISP, I have heard of ADSL 2??, Probably going for a deal where my home phone, and possibly the missus's mob all tied in to the one deal (my mob looked after from work), What peeps opinions of whats out there??

edit, I'm down Beeliar way, not looking to do mega downloads, more cruising the net, accessing uni lectures pp presentations and recording and fast email picture downloads ,as the missue and and friends are constantly posting baby photos

Nath

PS, I'm not real computer literate so dont bombard me with heaps of tech talk

I think most of the Telcos (Telstra, Optus, Iprimus etc) have bundling deals if that's what you're after. The more you bundle, the better the deals. Telstra and Optus will most probably really push bundling even harder as they upgrade their networks to offer faster ADSL2/ADSL2+

IINet bundle home phone and ADSL (ADSL2+ in some areas) but I found them a bit expensive for my own needs. They don't do anything with mobiles either.

Comment

I think most of the Telcos (Telstra, Optus, Iprimus etc) have bundling deals if that's what you're after. The more you bundle, the better the deals. Telstra and Optus will most probably really push bundling even harder as they upgrade their networks to offer faster ADSL2/ADSL2+

IINet bundle home phone and ADSL (ADSL2+ in some areas) but I found them a bit expensive for my own needs. They don't do anything with mobiles either.
      [/b]
      aaaaaaaaaaaaa, Telstra dogz wtf?? man they got sky rocket prices! they're just thieving on users wwrrrrrrr.
      i'll get u, there is a web page, and it calculates best rates out of all isp, , really great shit. The best one was www.perthinternet.com, but the company got bought or something. One interesting thing i've seen is that u can get 6 Mbit cable for the price of 256 kbit cable my isp does that, providing u're near their exchange box, worth a trie! will post the page 2morrow, off to bed

Comment

Check out: www.whirlpool.net.au
        sigpic

Comment

Check out: www.whirlpool.net.au
          [/b]
          Yup I will second that. There is a tab on the left hand side labelled "Broadband Choice".

Still got those boots...the lady friend only said I couldn't BUY them...didn't say I couldn't swap help for them!! haha. j/k

But if you get stuck with it all feel free to give me a hoy. I'm around that way every other day.

Comment

WHen choosing 8mb/1mb with amnet. Do i need ADSL2 or ADSL2 + modem? <confused>
            If so, which one do you guys recommend?
            I have hared that NB5PLUS4W its pretty good, any ideas which shops sell it? Mattis, you should help me out with this 1
            Turn off the tap when you brush your teeth!!
            Turning the taps off when you brush your teeth, can save up to 5 liters a minute!

Comment

WHen choosing 8mb/1mb with amnet. Do i need ADSL2 or ADSL2 + modem? <confused>
              If so, which one do you guys recommend?
              I have hared that NB5PLUS4W its pretty good, any ideas which shops sell it? Mattis, you should help me out with this 1
              [/b]
              With Amnet you only need an ADSL modem, although you will find quite a few will have ADSL2/2+ abilities via a firmware upgrade.

The NB5Plus4W&#39;s are fine, I got one recently for my brother and it seems to be doing fine, they offer a 3yr warranty (1yr out of the box, another 2yr&#39;s via easy online registration) and a great support network to boot. I got the one for my brother from DMA for about $127, but you need a wholesaler account to buy through them.

The Netgear DG834G seems pretty popular these days and has pretty much everything you need also, your looking at about $160 for one from Austin Computers.

Have a scout round on Whirlpool for heaps of information on all things ISP related and specifically checkout the hardware guide they have.

"At the start of the season, you can’t win the championship in the first round, but you can lose it.” - Travis Pastrana

"If your mind can conceive it then
              your hands can achieve it"- Nigel Petrie (Engineeredtoslide.com)

Comment

Thanks Mattis
                Turn off the tap when you brush your teeth!!
                Turning the taps off when you brush your teeth, can save up to 5 liters a minute!

Comment

Working...
                X