Laptop cooling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop cooling

My Toshy tecra 2100 S1 keeps crashing. By crashing I mean the video card crashes and reverts the display back to 600*400, 16 colors. While this is l33t to play space invaders, it is wack to do anything else.

Has anybody had any experience with laptop coolers such as this one? http://www.pccasegear.com/prod2052.htm

Has anyone else had a problem with over heating laptops? What did you do?

Cheers

Me
    1, Always look good
    2, Always know what you're doing
    3, In failure of step 2 refer to step one

Most shops have a perspex 'health grille' for lack of a better description, which would be my preferred solution, though they do raise the lappy about an inch off the desk.

For ~$35 delivered you can't really go too wrong with that one. The shop has been pretty good in the past.

Comment

Is a Tecra S1 a Pentium M or P4? I've got an IBM with PM processor and 64mb FireGL and it has been rock solid playing Americas Army and having the LCD and an external monitor (at 1400x1050 res). I don't think that cooler will do much at all. Are the cooling vents on the computer getting blocked or something? If it has a separate video card I would pull the laptop down and try another video card or check that all the fans are working properly.

Comment

go to bios, then check the overall temp, can u hear ur cooling fan? yeh, when u play games, g.card heats up etc, but when u have wrong drivers/generic heats up more, i had that with my desktop and a will it help with more ventilation? put it on a flat table, not on bed etc. The last thing get a program to watch the PC's temperature
        g'luck

Comment

Working...
        X