Fighting Fit in 40 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighting Fit in 40 days

Its back. After a one year hiatus, it time to make up for lost training.

The challenge:
    8 rounds of Fighting Fit in 8 weeks (or 40 days or 40 hours for those who need a smaller dose coping mechanism).

Round 1 starting next Monday 7 October 5.45pm-6.45pm Tuesday, 6.45pm-7.45pm Wed, 5.45pm- 6.45pm Thurs 6.45pm - 7.45pm Friday 5.45pm-6.45pm

And every week thereafter through to 30 Nov.

Fees as follows:
    8 classes $115 valid for use any time over the 8 weeks (ie 1 x week $14.37 per class)
    16 classes $160 valid for use any time over the 8 weeks (ie 2 times a week $10 per class)
    24 classes $180 (ie 3 times a week $7.50 per class)
    32+classes $200 (ie 4 or 5 times a week $5-$6.25 per class)
    Casual $16

For anyone looking at 3 x plus per week, let us know if you are up for a before and after shoot.

Our friends at Conans are providing the venue as our timetable at our Centre is full - 11 Foundry St Maylands.
    "Live Long and Prosper"

Bayswater Martial Arts and Yoga Centre

Can you give us a bit of detail as to what is involved in each class?
    It didn't look that far on the map...

Comment

Why certainly :grin:

Each round incorporates usual cardio - skipping, jumping, pushups etc, but also builds strength and stamina through kicks, punches, grappling. We also work on coordination when you are already fatigued by adding sticks (arnis and Bo drills), knife defense and partner exercises. Then to ease the body aches we finish with yoga.

There are lots of other drills included as well that I'm sure others will fondly remember and recall.

The classes are intense. And they work.
      "Live Long and Prosper"

Comment

Its this kinda thing that makes me hate shift work.

Comment

Originally posted by Sentient View Post
          Its this kinda thing that makes me hate shift work.
          And FIFO Plus I have shoulder surgery in 2 weeks so .. Sad panda coz I would be so up for this

Comment

Naaww poor Kytty! Hope your recovery is speedy!

Whilst the 8 week intensive is just a once off (we want maximum results to make up for lost time!), we do hope to come to an arrangement to continue offering Fighting Fit 2 times a week from December onwards - so maybe we'll see you then or in the new year.

Comment

Originally posted by truewheel View Post
              Can you give us a bit of detail as to what is involved in each class?
              Normally you can expect blood, sweat and tears in fairly equal measure. Each round has been designed to maximise calories burnt and to work the largest muscle groups to the point of fatigue. Even doing it just twice week delivers incredible results - as many PSBers can attest from previous years.

I expect in this next 40 days to lose 6kg of fat and to gain at least 3kg of muscle.

Any favourite music - send your requests through. I'm working on updates now - there are some songs even I can't bear the thought of hearing again.

Comment

groovy, how do we sign up?
                euphoric, ZRX1200R, XSR900, XR400

Comment

Originally posted by euphoric View Post
                  groovy, how do we sign up?
                  Good to hear Euphoric!
                  If you want to pay by transfer just include your name and FF so I know what its for. An email to infoAT​martialartsandyoga.com will be appreciated too.
                  Bayswater Martial Arts & Yoga Centre
                  Westpac Bank
                  BSB No. 036-041
                  Acc. No. 27-8302

Otherwise you can just pay at the time of your first class (no eftpos or CC facilities so cash only).
                  "Live Long and Prosper"

Comment

yay or nay?

Comment

Originally posted by Spock View Post
                      Why certainly :grin:

The classes are intense. And they work.
                      This.

Comment

Interested. Suitable for a recently reformed smoker with a low level of fitness?

Comment

So missed this.
                          Will definitely be in for this, have heaps fat to convert back into muscle.
                          Been out of the exercise loop for way to long.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Lolly View Post

yay or nay?
                          I don't mind this, but maybe after hearing it in ff it might make me twinge like some of the other songs I hear now.
                          Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

Originally posted by rc_sam View Post
                            I don't mind this, but maybe after hearing it in ff it might make me twinge like some of the other songs I hear now.
                            Oh you flinch too? And start looking at where Tanya may be and feel like you should be doing pushups? Yeah me too...
                            "Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over"

Comment

Originally posted by mcmurray View Post
                              Interested. Suitable for a recently reformed smoker with a low level of fitness?
                              As someone who did FF for only a short time (long work hours got in the way), and being both of those things (and still well and truly over weight) I can say yes. It will focus on the things your body can do rather than what it can't do. It will hurt for some of it, but if you stay with it the rewards will come. And I look forward to not being the only fat unfit bloke there!
                              euphoric, ZRX1200R, XSR900, XR400

Comment

Working...
                              X