The Rich are Arseholes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rich are Arseholes

Greed is not good › Dr Karl's Great Moments In Science (ABC Science)

More dishonest; less ethical; more likely to shoplift; give less to charities; more likely to cheat; biggest wankers in cages and worst of all - more likely to take candy from a baby!!

Did we need science to prove to us that the rich are cunts?
    It didn't look that far on the map...

Rich is an arsehole.. Dangerous territory here!

Comment

Originally posted by truewheel View Post

More dishonest; less ethical; more likely to shoplift; give less to charities; more likely to cheat; biggest wankers in cages and worst of all - more likely to take candy from a baby!!

all stereotypes are false

worlds richest guy (buffet, was, not sure if he still is) is leaving virtually his entire fortune to charity.
      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Ultimate tall poppy syndrome.
        Originally posted by Abuse this
        Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Originally posted by truewheel View Post

How do you define "rich"?

Also: The Giving Pledge :: Pledger Profiles - Those rich cunts...

(I take it you also plan to hand over 90+% of your money and assets to charity...?)

Comment

It's true...

I'm an arsehole...

Comment

How do you think they got to be rich? By being nice to people?
              -

Comment

I've changed my will and left everything to the Fremantle Dockers retirement home for the bewildered.

Comment

My kids are going to be playing "rock scissors paper" for some of my more desirable assets.
                  -

Comment

Originally posted by agrid View Post
                    My kids are going to be playing "rock scissors paper" for some of my more desirable assets.
                    Bet they can't wait.

" Your late father has bequeathed his treasured collection of jam jars containing obscure dead bugs to..."

Comment

Dr Karl is a glorified fuckhead
                      Originally posted by Rich...
                      You got me in trouble...

Comment

Originally posted by Sookie View Post
                        Dr Karl is a glorified fuckhead
                        I wouldn't go that far but I once jokingly asked him this question.

"So Karl, if you put a cold liquid in a thermos flask, it stays cold and if you put hot liquid in a thermos it stays hot, how does the thermos flask know the difference ?"

He spent 5 minutes explaining this along with another prominent scientist whose name escapes me.

Sometimes the experts can't see the wood for the trees.

Comment

This is a bit of a tangent from Dr Karls article which focuses on behaviour patterns of the wealthy; but I have a good mate who has a theory (not sure if his) that in a real world practical sense it's actually impossible to become a billionaire (unless inherited) without screwing over a lot of people.

Either directly (eg Henry Ford and the draconian labour conditions in his factories) or indirectly - because the sheer amount of resources required to obtain the wealth, no matter what they are or how they were obtained, deprives millions of others of their use.

We had this conversation many years ago and I often try to to think of a 'guiltless' billionaire - JK Rowling perhaps? Is she now worth a billion?

But then you could argue that if you measured the sum total of the carbon footprint required to generate her billion (eg how many trees cut down to provide the paper for all the copies of her books?) then she hasn't done it either.

I was staggered (back to Dr Karl) that 0.01% of the US population have 22% of the total wealth - I knew of course it was disproportionate, but not by that much.

No one needs a billion.

Comment

I remember listening to him on JJJ back in the early 2000s being stumped at how to explain counter-steering.
                            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by agrid View Post
                              Rock, scissors and paper are some of my more desirable assets

Comment

Working...
                              X