• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Issue

Fujitsu Server PRIMERGY TX200 S6
    Model: PS160-D2799
    System: VFY:T2006SF0101N
    System Board S26361-D2799

Opened up the case i found a fan fault light and GEL (Global Error LED) error flashing a piece of plastic was stoping the fan from spinning. Shutdown the server and removed the plastic, restarted the server fan fault light gone and wasnt getting a GEL error for atleast 3mins.

Ive reset the cmos and the fans were fine during post then it rebooted and i get a GEL error led flashing and the fans are flat out. There is no other fault lights flashing ie CPU or RAM.

I think its a faulty temperature sensor, from the service manual (fans run flat out when temp sensor faulty) how do i replace it?
    http://manuals.ts.fujitsu.com/file/9...2799-tm-en.pdf
    Last edited by Halo_2; 05-10-2013, 02:57 PM.
    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Found out its
    Temperature Sensor / Chassis ID Combo Board
    Material Number: 38009829
    Product Number: SNP:A3C40096564

Where do i find out availability and cost?

Comment

Sure its actually a sensor failure and not a cooling system problem, like poor contact between the heatsink and processor/other?
      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Have yet to check the sensors under ServerView (need to get a moniter and mouse)

Considering when i cleared the cmos and the fan speed dropped as it defaulted values, if it was a poor contact it would still have the same cpu temperature not trying to read the temp sensor?

Comment

Anybody a fujitsu partner with access to the link below, require chassis idprom tool to program the new temperature sensor / chassis ID combo board for PRIMERGY TX200 S6.

https://globalpartners.ts.fujitsu.co...mentation.aspx
          Last edited by Halo_2; 18-10-2013, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Anybody??

Comment

Installed new temp sensor and programmed all good

Comment

Working...
              X