NZ establishes regulatory body for recreational drugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NZ establishes regulatory body for recreational drugs

Interesting article, and a step away from the traditional war on drugs stance previously adopted and proven to be a failure.

NZ's bold experiment with recreational drugs | Stuff.co.nz

NZ is the most pot friendly place i've lived in. It is so widely accepted it's not funny.

Comment

Anthropology tells us that getting high is universal - no culture, no matter how remote, lacks chemical experimentation.

After all, few existing US drug laws were based on a medical assessment of the relative risks of alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, heroin, cocaine and others. Instead, they were derived from historical contingencies and, typically, explicit racism.
      3ch
      Originally posted by Bendito
      If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

it clearly states that what ever is already illegal will remain illegal. however it's a good start to policy change and a good way to deal with the tsunami of new drugs hitting the market constantly. Finally an evidence based approach! There a few countries who maintain cannabis as illicit because of international treaties etc, but have chosen not to prosecute users. I believe there are parts of Canada where the local law pretty much says what ever you do in your own home, as long at it consensual and not harming anyone or anything else the government has no interest.....that pretty much is cannabis use.
        euphoric, ZRX1200R, XSR900, XR400

Comment

Just a thought - but looking at how badly alcohol is abused thanks to its availibility, isnt there a decent chance of these drugs beign much worse?

Comment

Originally posted by euphoric View Post
            it clearly states that what ever is already illegal will remain illegal. however it's a good start to policy change and a good way to deal with the tsunami of new drugs hitting the market constantly. Finally an evidence based approach! There a few countries who maintain cannabis as illicit because of international treaties etc, but have chosen not to prosecute users. I believe there are parts of Canada where the local law pretty much says what ever you do in your own home, as long at it consensual and not harming anyone or anything else the government has no interest.....that pretty much is cannabis use.
            Except for when those addled pot heads bong on at home, come to work and smash my grange.

Err, Potato, can you line up another front bumper for the grange
            The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

Originally posted by out_in_front View Post
              Just a thought - but looking at how badly alcohol is abused thanks to its availibility, isnt there a decent chance of these drugs beign much worse?
              More the acceptability of alcohol abuse than availability.
              They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Originally posted by out_in_front View Post
                Drugs are already pretty abused in Nz

Comment

Originally posted by AZAZL View Post
                  Except for when those addled pot heads bong on at home, come to work and smash my grange.

Err, Potato, can you line up another front bumper for the grange
                  so that would be harming someone or something would it not?
                  euphoric, ZRX1200R, XSR900, XR400

Comment

Originally posted by euphoric View Post
                    so that would be harming someone or something would it not?
                    A consequential legal system would be great. The government have no interest if the little scumbag gets whacked at home until he smashes my car.
                    The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

I just wish you could fit an interlock device to all motor vehicle that has the smarts to stop someone under the influence from making it go. Exception being a geo-fenced are on your private property then bongs, beers and go-karts is an awesome idea.
                      Originally posted by Abuse this
                      Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Cheap flights to New Zealand - Compare cheap New Zealand flights

You're welcome.
                        It didn't look that far on the map...

Comment

Working...
                        X