Telstra reception but not with Telstra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telstra reception but not with Telstra

After the last attempt a year ago with them guys I had it again yesterday after one hour of trying to buy something. Talk about voting with your wallet, is there anything new on the market that uses their network but is not Telstra by name? I´d like their availability (especially mobile internet) but I am not desperate and just as well go without.
    Who sells satellite phones I´d like to learn about that too? Surely they do impressively expensive data too?

I've been with Telstra for a while now. Never had a problem with their mobile service. Don't try to buy a phone at a Telstra shop. Absolutely useless in there. Go to JB HI FI who are a Telstra dealer.

Comment

Satellite data is something like 15c per meg (or more, i haven't checked for a while for typical portable service). So you probably most definitely do not want satellite data.

If you want telstra coverage, you need telstra service unfortunately. Suck it up.
      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Who would've thought you might have to pay for a service. Someone has to pay for those towers.
        Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

three was running off Telstra... and then vodafail came along.

"oh yes, the service will be just like you had with three"

can not wait for this contract to be up.
          The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

I know it is a great product. But it also comes with bad service so no I won´t suck up buying a Telstra product (sim card) then fuck around for hours on the phone trying to enable it unsuccessfully and being transferred to 10 different operators, then going to a shop to buy another sim because it expired in the meantime(nowhere else in the world have I been required to buy sim cards as such if the phone provider wants me to buy his shit) plus 180 dollar worth of prepaid balance only to be told after waiting for half an hour in this shop go over to woolworth we are out of stock and really cannot be asked to help you anyways.
            On the bright side, I just spared myself the expenses for a new tablet and for internet availability and will instead bring books for extended periods of the waiting game. I like books.
            Last edited by ripper1199; 17-10-2013, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Are you quite finished being a dramatic princess?

If you want Telstra coverage, you need a Telstra service.

Suck it up, or don't use it. Getting but hurt and crying into your keyboard here won't change any of your available options.
              such comment
              wow
              many post

Comment

Originally posted by 96 View Post
                three was running off Telstra... and then vodafail came along.

"oh yes, the service will be just like you had with three"

can not wait for this contract to be up.
                Had the same Problem, started with 3 then got Worse with Vodafail.. Vodaphone Wireless also means Signaless.....I had No service at all.

Is Difficult trying to explain the problem with someone who couldn't speak English properly, just makes it more frustrating.
                I cancelled it and was then Told I couldn't.... I explained I was being charged for a NON existent service.

I Went into the Vodaphone Shop in Carousel, gave them the Toggle back, got a receipt for it.

Even after closing it, I had to go to the bank and Stop the direct debit, because they were trying to continually take the payment out of my account.
                I am now with Telstra Wireless. Service is better, though not a full strength signal
                What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

Be careful what you wish for. Telstra isn't all it's cracked up to be.
                  "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

Macquarie utilise the telstra network. I used them for several years (corporate) until perhaps a year ago. Their service was satisfactory.

S.
                    Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

Originally posted by Sventek View Post
                      Be careful what you wish for. Telstra isn't all it's cracked up to be.
                      Every Australian carrier is basically awful, unfortunately.
                      such comment
                      wow
                      many post

Comment

In all fairness we are so sparsley populated with an overpaid workforce - no mobile phone provider is going to do everything perfectly...

But yeah telstra do suck to some extent - I had them ring up and offer me internet at a higher price than my iinet account (ok it came with t-box and some other stuff) but that also made me have to pay line rental at my house again.... and the download limit was smaller and the speeds were the same. And the guy thought he was doing me a favour! yep pay more for the same shit and you are better off apparently.

I told him to go back to primary school to study maths.

Comment

My work phone recently got transferred from Vodafone to Telstra.
                          Went from 5 bars regularly and a fast(ish) 3G speed to 3 bars if I'm lucky (2 max at home) and a slow as hell 3G speed.
                          I won't complain about Vodafail again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rorschach View Post
                            My work phone recently got transferred from Vodafone to Telstra.
                            Went from 5 bars regularly and a fast(ish) 3G speed to 3 bars if I'm lucky (2 max at home) and a slow as hell 3G speed.
                            I won't complain about Vodafail again.
                            One of the benefits of having customers leaving your network in droves (voda).....is your data speed's will improve. Get a 4G handset, the Telstra 3G network is so congested in the city these days it's a bad joke.

Comment

I've got both vodafail and telshit... If you need rural reception, such as anything but perth metro, the latter is the to. Apparently Optus has upped their game on some rural reception. The first I got from work, which is useless once I go to site to see customers, hence the latter... Just go to jb-hifi, dicksmith or any of the we sell you any network shops, they are a lot more helpful at getting things going than the network shops! Good luck picking something.

Comment

Working...
                              X