-= BEER megathread =- for the beer connoisseurs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -= BEER megathread =- for the beer connoisseurs

Beer swillers of PSB, let there be yeast!

I did a 'beer' search on here and saw numerous threads, so I thought I'd try and get them in one easy-to-research place...
    If one exists that I missed, let me know...

I listen to a tech podcast which now strangely includes a Beer Pick of the Week.
    Some of them sound pretty darn unusual - like a pumpkin beer - but most of them have me gagging to try a new brew.
    The podcast is from the US, so it's quite likely that they have a much bigger selection, but I'm keen to know if you've tried anything unusual that hit the spot.

I've just downloaded a social beer app called UNTAPPD which is available on iOS, Android, Blackberry(WTF?) and Windows phone.
    I'm following mjfoley from the aforementioned podcast who not so long ago did a 40 (different types, not brands of) beers in 30 days challenge... and seems to know her stuff.
    Feel free to add me (rbrdly) or post your discoveries here.

The intent was for a 'what have you found out and about' kinda thread, but if you're into brewing your own... chime in by all means.

Thanks for watching, and bottoms up!

Awesome beer is awesome

Innis & Gunn
    Oak Aged Beer
    Rum Finish

Yarm!
    Last edited by Rhino; 21-11-2013, 09:47 AM. Reason: OAK not DARK

Comment

Old Speckled Hen has always been a favorite of mine.

Comment

Not many people in Australia seem to like it but a simple beer like Coors Light is one of my favourites. For me its hard to beat when icy cold. It's just a pity it is so hard to get here because of the labelling.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino View Post
          Awesome beer is awesome

Innis & Gunn
          Dark Aged Beer
          Rum Finish

Yarm!
          I love beer. Tried many around Europe.
          Found this Innis & Gunn in Edinburgh. Was delicious but very alcoholic. Think I was feeling it after two!

More recently, Had a Stone and Wood Pacific Ale.. (think that's it) at a mates engagement party. Had never heard of them but it wasn't bad at all.

Comment

Had Paddo Pale while I was in the Hunter Valley for a wedding.

Damn fine.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaBee View Post
              I love beer. Tried many around Europe.
              Found this Innis & Gunn in Edinburgh. Was delicious but very alcoholic. Think I was feeling it after two!

More recently, Had a Stone and Wood Pacific Ale.. (think that's it) at a mates engagement party. Had never heard of them but it wasn't bad at all.

Agreed, I found it in Edinburgh too, Fanfuckingtastic beer, especially in winter (i think it's always winter in Edinburgh) I think the Rum Finish is a little nicer with the woody finish and is around 8%? Does knock you down pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                Agreed, I found it in Edinburgh too, Fanfuckingtastic beer, especially in winter (i think it's always winter in Edinburgh) I think the Rum Finish is a little nicer with the woody finish and is around 8%? Does knock you down pretty quick.
                Yes definitely a nice winter beer! Suits the place very well. I think you could be on with 8%. Glad it wasn't just me who thought they were a bit knock your socks off haha

Comment

I think the Weihenstephaner Tradition is pretty darn fantastic as well.

But in a close second so far to the Innis & Gunn is Matso's Smokey Bishop. I liked that a lot too.

Comment

The Smokey Bishop is also nice, very full flavoured. Do you like any other Matso's? I lived in Broome for a while and enjoyed going down for a frosty glass of Mango beer with the lads. Could only handle a couple before the sweetness became a bit overwhelming though.

Comment

Only 10 responses?

I'm in Broome waiting for a plane, soaking up the humidity and sucking down a Matso's Mango beer.

Fuggin luvenit.
                      Its all good on Ducati's

Comment

I was quite surprised by Hobgoblin.

Got a decent fruityness with a strong toffee smell.
                        Its got a nice high of bitterness aswell.

7/10 for me ill be getting more in the future.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Comment

Where to go to by these fancy schmancy beers?
                          Its all good on Ducati's

Comment

Hacker Pschorr Weisse.

Looked before and can't find it in Perth.

Comment

Originally posted by Seb View Post
                              Hacker Pschorr Weisse.

Looked before and can't find it in Perth.

You'd struggle to find a barmaid like that too.
                              Its all good on Ducati's

Comment

Working...
                              X