Are there any website wizards here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any website wizards here?

I've just migrated to a new, local hosting provider for my business and a few other things (including a photography forum). Everything looks to have been successfully transferred, and I can't find any differences between the files, but when I try to load the site I'm asked to open or save a file that contains the following:

<?php

$startTime = microtime(true);
    $fileDir = dirname(__FILE__);

require($fileDir . '/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php');
    XenForo_Autoloader::getInstance()->setupAutoloader($fileDir . '/library');

XenForo_Application::initialize($fileDir . '/library', $fileDir);
    XenForo_Application::set('page_start_time', $startTime);

$fc = new XenForo_FrontController(new XenForo_Dependencies_Public());
    $fc->run();
    Does anyone have any ideas about what might be going wrong?

Thanks in advance!
    "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

That means that it's not being processed as a PHP file - the server is seeing it as plain text. Does your new hosting plan include PHP?

Edit: PHP is a programming language, and the server needs software installed to be able to run the code. Virtually all Linux-based hosting solutions include PHP, but Windows ones are a bit hit-and-miss.
    '====
    //`
    -Magilla
    They observe my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and I perceive at my core that they have thus concluded that I am Caucasian, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred
    Eligible to shadow R & R-E NOW

Comment

Yep - that's all good, thanks. I've found out that there was a problem with .htaccess that was causing PHP to be handled as a file rather than loaded properly.
      "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
      X