Veterinary types: Virkon S?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veterinary types: Virkon S?

I'm hoping one of the vet-heads on here might be able to help.

Chasing a supply of Virkon for sterilising my rebreather loop. Instructor has a crusty old stash of Virkon-S, suggests chasing down a vet to get my hands on it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

I'm asking around, there must be some somewhere.
    -

Comment

Virkon S Disinfectant

Stable Disinfectants: Buy online at Horse Supplies Direct. Virkon S, Hibitane, Chlorhexidine online at Horse Supplies Direct

Country Vet - Virkon S 1kg
      Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

[MENTION=17003]filbert[/MENTION], it was the next thing I did when PSB failed to immediately answer my question.

1kg is more than I can use within the shelf life, asked a few buddies if they wanted to split and one of them said "no. do YOU want to split, I've already bought some."

Be interested to see if there's a local source, otherwise $80 for a 1kg bottle of pink powder is just super duper.
        "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

i figured the 50g sachets or a pack of them would be the way to go and you could either store them or sell them around.

Virkon S 50g Sachet: Buy Virkon S online at Horse Supplies Direct

more expensive way to do it of course but improves splitability and shelf life.
          Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Yeah, looked at them but the price for splitting is silly.

At that price it's cheaper just to throw half away.

Comment

Apparently there is heaps at my work but no one seems to know where it is. How long can you wait?
              -

Comment

Well, I just used milton for the first proper clean it had in two months, have been advised against a repeat performance coz it eats the gear.

So... coupla months I might be looking for another one.

Comment

Still working on it, everyone I ask reckons someone else has some. Everybody says its expensive stuff. One guy has switched over to Farmcleanse.
                  -

Comment

Ah, never mind [MENTION=11297]agrid[/MENTION]. This was a "just in case you've got an easy contact for supply and it's easy" request - don't waste any time on it!

Thanks for the efforts to date, but a mate has come up with the goodies or I can buy online.

Comment

Working...
                    X