X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Security Cameras

(Because Advanced search is Kerput)

And I don't want to have to go through more than 101 pages of HW&W,

Can anyone give me feedback on their Home Security Camera's Please.?

Brand, Availability, Warranty Length and Price please

I Googled it and there are heaps available, but I want some info from someone who actually has them.

I'm after Day/Night Camera's for Outside and Inside the house.

Ta heaps
    What You See

Isn't always what you get

Just flew out to work otherwise would have a look at what I have...best money I ever spent though...that along with an outside alarm sensor..just wish the cat would stop jumping on the outside table at midnight haha

Comment

This is a loaded question as you can get cheap kits for around 500 ish from big w, ebay 720p kits from 1500, and local companies that will charge anything from 4k onwards. These are for 4 camera systems.

Do you want a turn key no hassle system or are you tempted to build your own spec/system? Who will be installing it? Remote access? Resolution? Number of cameras?

I went down the DIY route. They are well worth the investment.

Comment

Originally posted by rgvlee View Post
        This is a loaded question as you can get cheap kits for around 500 ish from big w, ebay 720p kits from 1500, and local companies that will charge anything from 4k onwards. These are for 4 camera systems.

Do you want a turn key no hassle system or are you tempted to build your own spec/system? Who will be installing it? Remote access? Resolution? Number of cameras?

I went down the DIY route. They are well worth the investment.
        Preferably something I can run 24/7 on the outside.

Like I mentioned, there are heaps on the net, but its like a lucky dip..
        Hence asking for someone who Actually has and uses a specific brand.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by MJP View Post
        Just flew out to work otherwise would have a look at what I have...best money I ever spent though...that along with an outside alarm sensor..just wish the cat would stop jumping on the outside table at midnight haha
        I can wait till you return.

Thanks heaps
        What You See

Comment

go to hardly normal, take $500 and you could walk out with a 4 camera thingo,oh you need to buy a monitor [they have smaller systems too,2 cams etc]

it records forever, dont ask me the size of the hard drive,record rewind,logs incidents aand if you can link it[might need a nerd] i borrowed one, it will beep your phone to activity.

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

if you want to bother, turn up, and i'll talk you through the install, its piece of piss, you need a , im guessing for your home.

a mortar drill bit, a drill, a ladder, something to hold the cord up, yes, its hardwired.

an hour of your time[ a bit of the nerds too]

oh,and the kit

that shouldn't be too much TROUBLE ?

dianella 93703770

Comment

oh, its infra red people look scary white in the dark

someone flashed her tits in the dark as a "test"

dianella 93703770

Comment

Originally posted by potato View Post
                oh, its infra red people look scary white in the dark

someone flashed her tits in the dark as a "test"
                and why are you not proving this with a clip of the aforementioned test?
                "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

good idea spending the money on a good DVR..they are easy to install unless you want a static IP so you can have Remote phone Accsess. would think youd need someone Techy to set that up...
                  You need to get a long plastic stick thing(tech. Term.) to run the wires through the wall then its just Coaxial cable and Low volt power for the Cables...ive run the same system for about 4 years now..runs on a seven day loop..i added the front of house camera not long ago after finding a cheap one on gumtree that had been taken out of a store during renos but for some reason its a bit static on playback..need to get a couple more of the same type as the front door and patio which are infa red..My DVR only takes the four cameras which is enough for me..only has three on it now...Id Suggest Battery backup to if its and option..Im lucky that the front door camera points at the power box so could possibly ID someone before they knock the power out. I guess for the most part its a deterent more then anything. The way society is going wont matter what security you have they'll just break in anyway..all you get is mask persons steeling your stuff..

this is a thread from a while ago http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...ameras-156467/ i put a couple of photos up of what im running...im not up with the technical stuff just had it installed, never even sure what i paid haha, just hooked up the third camera which covers the street..it seemed easy enough..looks to be a few people on here who know more about what you'll need and be able to offer better advice..
                  Last edited by MJP; 28-10-2013, 08:25 PM.

Comment

You don't need a static IP, you can get a dynamic dns redirection. Only applies if the dvr (or alternative solution) supports remote connections, plus configuring your router/firewall to allow incoming connections.

OP, if you can't answer those basic questions then either buy a cheap $500 kit, swann are a good brand, or do some more homework.

Comment

Hi,
                      Check out www.allthings.com.au they are here in Perth and ave a lot of DIY systems etc....

Comment

Thanks for all the info.

I'll check out all the stuff mentioned when I get home from work.

I have a 70 kilo Rotty and the cameras will be more of a back up for any mischief that occurs around my property. LOL

Ta
                        What You See

Comment

I will check when I get home the brand is written on a receipt, I got the supplied and installed by a local company, shopped around a bit and ended up with 4k worth of camera system for about $2900, there a bit more industrial looking then you cheapy kits you get but they have zoom, movement record, zoning etc, interesting some of the stuff you see when you actually look through recording, there are some weird Cunts out there that's for sure.
                          2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
                          2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
                          2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
                          2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
                          2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
                          2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

Comment

Bugger the cameras... get a $15 heat movement sensor (motion detector) from Reject Shop
                            When they see the RED light flash its too late, the alarm has gone off besides
                            your bed. Better to catch them in the act than see them wheel away your bike...

Comment

Originally posted by MJP View Post
                              You can get pet sensors for your alarm that won't pick up the cat. Not sure exactly how they work but suspect they're just calibrated differently, and I believe they're a simple replacement of the existing sensor.

Comment

Working...
                              X