Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wa smol

Thought this might interest some.

If it says schedule 2 then they have to have a guaranteed job for the next 12 months otherwise it is very likely they can just rock on in.

“The occupations identified on the list below do not relate to any specific job vacancies, nor represent any guarantee of a job, but rather identify occupations that are considered a priority for the State. “

http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/SKILL...sindemand.aspx

Dubs

135199 ICT managers not elsewhere classified ACS Available Schedule 2
    But apparently there are too many of these already...
    Feed 'em to the pigs, Errol....

Comment

Worth looking at as an alternative to migrating to Australia in general.
      Chemist was taken off the Australia SOL last year so I went through the WA SOL instead. Same price (give or take), and the only condition is that you must live and work in WA for 2 years.

Comment

"Rock on in" as in being stuffed around for half a year or year by the immigration department and immigration agents and paying around the 10 grand mark (plus if family is involved) for the whole process.

It is by the way harder than it looks. A whole household full of foreigners holding jobs on that list, owning houses here and having children growing up here ... did I mention paying a fuckload of tax... are not eligible for these visa. To young, to old, english good enough to earn 150gs a year and to correct mail correspondence for the australian supervisor but apparently not good enough to discuss matters with a law professor so out, the right age but not enough years been working in Australia and guess what by the time I have been living long enough in Australia I am too old so I still have the same too low amount of points. I wonder whether it is actually that easy to come in on a boat.
        Last edited by ripper1199; 30-10-2013, 11:58 AM.

Comment

It took me less than 3 months from start to finish to get mine, and the skills assessments/police clearances took longest.
          Having said that, having a degree from an Aussie uni helped immensely

Comment

Yeah that´s right. The department is not too bad. In my case the agency was most useless. Being onshore helped a lot towards "only" half a year that it took. Driving through the whole foreign country to find first a australian approved translator and then an australian approved doctor who can do just you normal exam is a bit of a bother.

Comment

Ripper: woooooooooooosah

Dubs

Comment

Working...
              X