Battlefield 4 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 4 Thread

Yes it's finally out and I have just got my copy to start installing now.

is there anyone else on this forum going to play BF4 like we did 3?

anybody having good stories about it already ?
    Master of the missed signals

I'll be playing BF4 in 6 months when I have a house to put a PS4 in!

Comment

Played the beta when it started.
      Preloaded 2 days ago when made available.
      Started playing last night at 8:30 as soon as it was released.
      I like it. They improved a lot of things over BF3.
      Only problem so far was that servers didn't seem to have ques.
      If it was full it would not connect you at all, and being just released, servers filled up quicker than you could refresh.
      Not sure if it was me or a first day server teething problems.
      Played the beta with lots of PSB'ers already so should be a few of us.

Comment

Is it just me or is the sniper rifle extremely underpowered?

also the Bipod is a PITA

Comment

Bipod isn't as bad as BF3, at least if it's deployed you can move to the side to disengage quickly, without some stupid animation.

I like the game so far. Finding it chugs at times but I think that's just being a fresh game etc (my system MAY need some new cards, but I doubt it as it's running SLI and should be fine).
          Sniper rifles definitely seem underpowered, at least the first one, will see if the others seem any better. Pistols seem shithouse so far, but I'm still trying to adjust to the game, so it's probably my lack of skill more than anything else.
          Assault rifles seem OP as I can be sniping someone and someone takes two shots from the side of me, from a distance, and I'm gone.
          Loving that snipers have C4 again, fuck they needed that in BF3 SO bad...

Comment

Originally posted by Mirkz View Post
            Bipod isn't as bad as BF3, at least if it's deployed you can move to the side to disengage quickly, without some stupid animation.

I like the game so far. Finding it chugs at times but I think that's just being a fresh game etc (my system MAY need some new cards, but I doubt it as it's running SLI and should be fine).
            Sniper rifles definitely seem underpowered, at least the first one, will see if the others seem any better. Pistols seem shithouse so far, but I'm still trying to adjust to the game, so it's probably my lack of skill more than anything else.
            Assault rifles seem OP as I can be sniping someone and someone takes two shots from the side of me, from a distance, and I'm gone.
            Loving that snipers have C4 again, fuck they needed that in BF3 SO bad...
            im just getting frustrated at the fact if you're crouching and go to zoom in that sometimes it deploys the bipod in a really stupid position to you actually cant see anything aka behind a rock, you should be able to snipe from a concealed position without that kina crap

yeah, I agree, sometimes even a headshot doesn't kill which is annoying, you'd think the power of a sniper rifle people would go down, I am wanting the m40a5 (iirc?) and a straight pull bolt

thing I do like is how you can set increments for your scope to adjust for distance

Comment

add me sookie23 (on pc)
              Originally posted by Rich...
              You got me in trouble...

Comment

kenty, adjust it in your control settings so your bipod is a separate key, that way you can just pull out and snipe normal anywhere and if you REALLY want to use the bipod (and have the time to set it up etc, you'll have time to think about which key you bound it to).

Comment

Yeah saw it in the shops and decided to grab it.. played a few hours over the weekend.. seems like BF3 in the most part.. I have sounds issues but it seems to be a common problem..

I like the deployment screen where you can select a vehicle and wait for it to appear.. rather than running around the map madly pressing E when something appears.

So what map is the equivalent of Operation Metro where you can jump in and quickly fragfest and upgrade your weapons easily? all the ones I have seen are the massive outdoor maps.

Comment

Loving BF4 so far.

I was on one of the conquest city maps at the top of a skyscraper as two dog fighting jets came blazing fast. It was AWESOME, the roar as they carved the skies was amazing and the sound of the cannon trying to tear each other apart BLISS.

ive had a few issues but so far so good.

If it gets a big enough following will there be a PSB server like the Bad Company days ?

:edit: Which servers are everyone playing on ? Also my sig is Ticklefin.
                    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Comment

Delete me
                      Last edited by justo; 14-01-2020, 01:33 PM.
                      Spam

Comment

Kingy, you want Operation Locker.. That is just pure bottle necking chaos like Metro.

I played quite a few hours over the weekend.
                        Finished off the single player, which wasn't too bad really. The online I'm enjoying... I kind of seem to play well sometimes and then other times I do absolutely terrible.
                        Loving the weather and the whole levolution thing. It can certainly change things up a bit.
                        For the most part I think this feels like an improvement over BF3, but we're all still settling into it so only time will tell.
                        It's certainly less buggy than BF3 was on release which is great, though still a few things to iron out.
                        Also loving that recon now have C4 again... something that was seriously missing and a substantial pain in the ass in BF3, as a sniper had absolutely no way to combat a tank/vehicle if it came looking for you.

Feel free to add if you like my nick is m1rkz

Comment

Thanks Mirkz...

BTW I can't fly a heli to save myself.. at one stage with BF3 I setup a little game pad thingy, but then something on it broke I think... does anyone think this would be worthwhile:

Xbox 360 Wired Controller

Just nto sure if you will be able to config it properly so that when in a heli I can use it, and otherwise just use the keyboard & mouse...

also for jets I suppose but they are a little easier...

Comment

I've got an Xbox 360 wireless controller which I sometimes use for gaming on PC, however I've not used it for BF4, I have thought about it though because I can't control those fucking jets to save my life, not like some people can.
                            Choppers I'm not too bad with, but usually eat it when up against another chopper with a decent pilot on a 1v1.

Comment

Loving it so far. I preordered the premium version.
                              '====
                              //`
                              -Magilla
                              They observe my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and I perceive at my core that they have thus concluded that I am Caucasian, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred
                              Eligible to shadow R & R-E NOW

Comment

Working...
                              X